Hi, relative of a diagnosed person here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordArkana

Reason
Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Quebec
Hello,
As the title says, I know someone living with fibromyalgia: my mother. She was diagnosed when I was only 7, and had to quit her job because of the chronic pain. Living with her, as I grew up, I saw her suffering and not being able to do once-easy tasks, like washing the dishes, bending over to pick up something on the ground, etc. and it hurts me to see her like that. I joined this forum for support and to discuss possible ways to alleviate her symptoms. Good day to all!

Welcome lordArkana, I'm not sure, but I've noticed a lot of newbies don't get acknowledge, we tend to go straight to other topics, plus it looks like you joined when the system was having posting difficulties.
Kudos to you for researching an ilness you mother has suffered from for so long. I'm sure it affected your childhood as well. I can tell you as a mom and wife I carry a lot of guilt that I'm no longer able to care for and enjoy my famil as I want to.
This sight is GREAT for tips and suggestions as it seams that fibro is a lot of trial and error as nothing works for everybody and supplements and alternative therapies seem vital.
I hope you will look around the site and share some input from your perspective. Your threads would be welcome.
Kudos again. ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back