Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
I have killing Sciatica, and neck ache. It's times like this I wish I was back on the tramadol.
Can't sleep till the pain killers kick in .i can't sit still as it hurts so bad.sorry just having a moan.anyone else suffer from this x

Sorry to learn that you have sciatica. It is different but related to fibromyalgia. Have you tried muscle relaxants? I have experienced the condition in the past. It was precipitated by heavy lifting or prolonged bending. The pain lasted about two weeks them subsided. I hope you don't have walking difficulties. I would suggest that you discuss with your physician on the possibility of using cortisone which is administered to relieve a patient from sciatica.

I've had a few bouts with Sciatica, and it's never pleasant. I tend to treat it pretty much the same way I do my other pain, and use a combination of alternating heat and ice, hot baths, anti-inflammatories, muscle relaxers and pain (RX or OTC, depending on what I have available), rest, stretching, and deep breathing. I keep a cane in the car and another here in the house, for times when the sciatica or my other conditions act up enough to need it. Don't be afraid to use one if you need it, but be sure to wean yourself off it when possible, so you don't become dependent. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thankfully, with treatment, sciatica does go away, at least for a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back