Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
ID
Hello Everyone! I am new to the forum and recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I joined this forum to be able to learn a little more about it and see if others have the same symptoms, problems and complaints as myself. It has been a long road to diagnosis and I have dealt with pain for years and have been tested for sleep apnea, arthritis, ra, lupus, heart conditions, mental problems like depression and have dealt with doctors who believed I was a hypochondriac! The funniest thing is after all the doctor visits and tests it was a podiatrist who diagnosed me! If it hadn't been for sudden chronic foot pain I would still be wondering what was wrong with me! I hope to find some answers and comfort here with others who truly understand the agony of this ailment.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! Thank you for joining. I am sure a lot of us are having similar issues. What do you do to try to treat your symptoms?

My doctor has me taking Savella, Naproxen and a blood pressure pill before bed to help with sleep and migraine prevention. My biggest problem with pills is that I have a chemical intolerance and very few meds will work for me, Tylenol and Aleve are the strongest pain pills that will work for me and they only work with simple headaches but not muscle, joint or bone pain. A morphine shot will work for a migraine but that is all. I have been on an assortment of anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxants over the years but they don't seem to help at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back