Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2005
Country
US
State
TX
We all deal with many negative events and stressful and painful symptoms on a regular basis, so I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can share positive news. Perhaps reading over the posts here will lighten our moods, and give others some hope.

I was at the Emergency Room the other day, with multiple symptoms. I was extremely sick, and they didn't actually do much to help me, other than give me nausea medication and treat me with IV fluids. At the ER, my blood pressure was around 220/170, and I'd never seen it that high before, so it was scary.

Since they weren't much help, later in the week, I was seen by a doctor who actually helped me. He examined me, listened to my story, and prescribed me the medication I requested at the ER (but didn't receive), and my blood pressure is now better than it's been in years. I still have other issues to worry about, but I am starting to feel better, and am somewhat hopeful about the future again.

What about you? Has something positive happened? It doesn't have to be health related, it could be a child or grandchild, promotion, day with less pain, etc. Let's share and uplift one another.

I'm so glad that you were able to see a doctor who listened to you! It really makes a huge difference when you have a doctor you can trust.

My positive news is about my youngest grandson who recently celebrated his first birthday. He had to have a trach put in at 7 months old due to Pierre Robin Sequence along with laryngomalcia, tracheomalacia, and bronchomalacia. We haven't heard any noise out of him since that was done until this week. For the first time in almost 6 months, he's had sporadic times of being able to laugh over the trach! It's been the most wonderful thing to hear and brings tears to my eyes every time he does it <3

You are so right in promoting the sharing of good news. I know that I can always use a pick me up, and hearing about others having good days and getting good news always makes me a little happier, and that is good for everyone. I recently became a uncle, which is pretty exciting, and I am looking forward to getting to know my new little friend. That is it from my end, but when it relates to treatment I know that a lot of the patients at work are in good standing.

@Silverbelle I know that has to be such an emotional experience to actually hear him laughing. Speaking, or at least uttering some sort of sound would be good, but actual laughter is such an uplifting sound in and of itself, and coupled with his trach and recent trials, what a total blessing. I'm so glad you shared that with us, and I hope he continues to improve!!

@RZ3300 That's great to hear. I don't have children of my own, and I know the births of my nieces were particular high spots for me. I hope you'll share many stories of him with us in the future :).

Positive news are always with us if we are brave enough to recognize them. The problem is that our minds tend to focus on what is wrong or what could go wrong. Being an optimist is a habit, I mean happiness is a habit that one can develop and it is a state of being rather than being necessarily a consequence of our sorroundings. And may I share that favourable circumstances can be created rather than waiting for them to occur. On a closing note the real winners are those who create positive news in other people's lives.

Glad to hear you found a doctor that actually listens and is proactive WP.

The clinic I go to has finally realized that my issues may require someone with more experience, so I have an appt. with an internist
first week of May. Hate the fact that it's taken so long, but cautiously optimistic that I may actually get somewhere.

Oh, and I'm happy that I found a cute and comfy pair of yoga pants that aren't so long that I have to roll them up 3x! Sometimes happiness
is in the small things : )

For some positive news I had a really good couple of days. On Friday I had some family members come for a visit, went out to eat and then had my 7 year old granddaughter spend the night. We got up early Saturday morning make scrambled eggs and bacon (her favorite) and then her mom came and picked her up around 10:00. After that my husband and I went on a road trip to see some other family members. We had lunch together and then us ladies went shopping. I had a very pleasant day but was a little disappointed I didn't find what I was looking for (capri's that fit that didn't look like I was wearing flood pants) but I will not give up the fight. I will continue to look here at home or I could just lose 10-15 pounds and fit into my old ones. On the way home though the pain hit me. We had to stop at the store and I could barely walk I hurt so bad. But the weekend was more good than bad. Today I am just taking it easy. Got a steak and some twice baked potatoes out on the grill. That and some corn and call it dinner. Oh and my shoulder hasn't been bothering me much at all this weekend. That is always a blessing.

I like this thread, I think this forum needs this kind of threads that make us see the positive side of things :) I love that! It makes me realize I've so much to be grateful for. Like the fact that today I had almost zero pain, and I could walk well. I feel so blessed my hip, groin or thigh didn't hurt at all! Yesterday those 3 were killing me. So those are great news :)

I loved reading this thread from the get go and having been waiting for some "possative news" but I've got none right now..but mines coming!:p
These are all great stories. Silverbells I'm exspecially excited for you as this is a life changer for many.
So I guess my good news is this thread has brought me smiles.

It's so great to hear some positive news! I know it wouldn't sound like much to outsiders, but I've gotten both the upstairs and also the stairs vacuumed this week. Granted, it was on two separate days (upstairs one day, stairs the next), but I have felt so crappy with this bacterial infection growing inside of me for God knows how long, that everything but the very basics have fallen through the cracks for probably at least a year now. It feels good to look around and see some positive progress, and it's nice to feel a sense of accomplishment.

I've boxed up a set of dishes I had planned to donate. I was planning to donate several pieces of furniture and the dishes, despite desperately needing money, because I was so worn out and sick that I figured it would be easier to have someone come in once and pick everything up. I'm going to hold off on that though, since I need money, in the hope that I will be able to sell at least a few of the items, rather than taking a total loss on them through donation.

The most positive thing that I have right now is you guys. That have same fate but with stronger heart. I'm glad to be here. Seriously.

We are glad you are here too, ain sofiah :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back