Status
Not open for further replies.
I have experienced pain and fatigue so bad tbat one night the wrinkles in the sheets hurt!.

OMG. THIS! I thought I was crazy or something. I swear there's nights that anywhere the top sheet and comforter rest against my legs, they burn and itch.

I'd like to know how everyone in here feels about holistic medicine. Has anyone ever taken a holistic approach to dealing with Fibromyalgia? I hate the idea of taking medication for the rest of my life, and I wouldn't want anybody to have to go through that either. I believe that nature provides a cure for EVERYTHING...

Just to let you know, if you have not found it already, we have a topic that deals with holistic medicine. It has ideas and tips for helping manage fibro, but your welcome to join in on the discussion and add your opinions and questions.

Sometimes I have the burning and itching. I have a suggestion for you. If you have a natural food & vitamin store near you, go and ask if they have any colloidal silver. This is a liquid that helps prevent infections, but it also calms the skin and if you put it in a small spray bottle and mist it on your legs morning and night it will stop the itch and pain. I use it and it works.

Also, I use as a body wash, Gold Bond Deep Moisture Body Wash Healing with Aloe. It calms the skin and adds moisture. My skin feels better after using it and the itch is gone. There are many brands on the market so try to find one with aloe, if this is not available in your area.

I hope this helps you. Let us know if it works or not. :)

Sorry I've been away a bit! Thanks to everyone who has commented on my post. Life is getting a little easier in some ways. On normal days when I'm behind a desk, I feel pretty good. I do have hip and hand stiffness (answer phones and typing) almost every day, but nothing too terrible. On days when I'm on my feet all day, it's still pretty miserable. I ache and hurt and go stiff from the hips down and feel so sore. If I do anything too strenuous, it overpowers my meds. Those eight uninterupted hours of sleep are not happening yet because I think one of the meds is making it harder for me to fall asleep to begin with. I've noticed my legs have also begun to "vibrate?" on occasion; a very strange feeling.

I go back to my Rhuematologist next week. We'll see if he wants to up my meds or not. I guess we are also going to discuss my hair continuing to fall out. I called his nurse last week and found out that this IS another part of Fibro...probably the hardest one for me to deal with yet. :(

I guess overall, it's going well, as there have been improvements. I find I have kept my condition largely secret because of the reactions I have received when I do tell someone. They just really don't have a clue.

Sula, I wear scrubs at work and there are times I swear they feel like they are made of WOOL! They feel prickly and my skin feels like it burns from them brushing again it. I soooo know what you mean!

Good afternoon. First post. :) I'm 54 years old; I have been given the presumptive diagnosis of Fibromyalgia as RA, Lupus, etc., have been ruled out as causes for my generalized pain and stiffness (so much worse at night!) and insomnia. I was wondering if anyone else has symptoms around their breasts, underarms and flanks? I've read posts about pain around nipples with extra sensitivity to touch but that's not my issue. Some of my worst pain is across the top of my breasts, around my collar bones and under my arms and along my outer rib cage. Of course I have the shoulder and neck pain too. But when I mentioned the breast/ribcage pain, my doctor said "well, that's odd." He put me on Cymbalta 30 mg last week and gave me Ambien for sleep (yay!). I'm not sure which is helping ... the Cymbalta or just being able to sleep! I do feel a little better but the breast/ribcage/underarm pain is persistent.

The condition you speak about may be Costochondritis or Tietze's Syndrome. It is inflammation of the carilage and bones in the chest wall. The cartiage becomes very irritated and inflamed, and it goes along with fibromyalgia. I have had it many times and it is very painful. I have included a link where you can read about it. I was often given pain medication and told to use a heating pad on it to relieve the pain and the inflammation.

You might want to try ginger capsules. You get them at a health food & vitamin store. Ginger is know for helping stop inflammation.

Hope this helps you. Be sure to ask your doctor about this as a possible diagnosis for your condition.

Thanks, 1sweed. I investigated the possibility of costochondritis. It's just been going on for so long and it doesn't respond to anti-inflammatories. My inflammatory markers (ESR, CRP) have not demonstrated inflammation either. And my pain is mostly on my sides, not along my breast bone. I haven't looked into Tietze's syndrome; I will do that now. I will definitely try the ginger capsules; it sure can't hurt!

Just so you know I had it non-stop for months. Just because it says one area, does not mean it can not affect other areas of your ribcage. I also used a heating pad and wet towel heated low temp in microwave and placed on top of a dry thin towel on to of the heating pad. This gives you warm moist heat on the area that hurts. Helps to have a friend help in placement of heating pad on low/dry thin towel/hot towel. It helps soothe the inflamed muscles and bones. Any type of movement makes it hurt again.

If you sit a lot and turn on way more then the other that can cause it to develop too. That's often how people get the condition wry neck, from repeated movement in one direction.
A good soft massage and soak in tub may help as well.

I know that hot showers definitely help. I had a hot tub but it broke down last year. :( I sure wish I had it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back