Not open for further replies.

debbie tobin

Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
UK
State
devon
Hi I have just discovered this site I was diagnosed in january after many years of pain and having to give up a job I loved because of pain great to finally know whats wrong but struggling with current employer not recognising this illness does antone else have the same problem with employers :

debbie tobin,
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to say that yes, most employers do not notice or see the suffering, as anything other than normal complaints. Lots of doctors don't see it either. I was self-employed and had to give up jobs when my body could not do the required work anymore. I loved my jobs doing housecleaning for many different people. But between the pain and muscle weakness I was forced to give it all up.

I am sure many others here will tell you about their experiences in dealing with job loss and doctor's and family and friends, all in a state of denial. It makes living with fibro that much harder. Anyways I hope you will come often and read around the forum about dealing with the pain issues and other symptoms of fibro. Glad you found us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back