Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
Diagnosis confirmed in August. Feel fortunate that I have a good team of docs helping me navigate this new life stage as it seems many of you do not. Primary care doc, rheumatologist, psychiatrist, therapist and CBT--all on the same page with me. Currently taking Cymbalta as I also have depression and anxiety disorders. I seem to be holding my own. Navigating good days and bad days is tough, but it is better than when I was flying blind. Continue to do my "baby" yoga in the morning and a daily walk which keeps my mood up. Even if I just get out of bed on a bad day, it's a good day! Trying to figure out work, since I have had to reduce hours. The pain sucks, but the fog and fatigue frustrate me. Guess I'll be reinventing myself again. I also am grateful to have been diagnosed at a time when there is more knowledge about the syndrome. Anyway, hello to all!

Loftpat,
Welcome! So glad you found this forum. I am happy to hear you have a great team of doctors working with and not against you in dealing with your fibro. Just that alone can be uplifting and non-depressing.

As you read the forum topic's you will get an idea of what topic's interest you and are following the same path of your symptoms. In reading those sections you will gain some knowledge in learning new coping skills and also be able to share your ideas with others. Work your way through the different questions asked and start asking your questions and answering the ones that appeal to you.

We try to be very supportive in all areas and also remember there is a groan and moan section when you just can not take it anymore. See you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back