Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2000
Country
US
State
VA
Greetings, I just joined this sight, but Fibro joined me 20 years ago.. YUK.. Anyway, at first doc put me on Methadone which did wonders. Well, finally decided when doc retired this would be to hard to get written in my backward state I live in so I have been finding sucess with Tramadol which gives me alot of help with depression since it works on 3 major neurotransmitters as well as energy and a little pain relief. Anyone having success on Tramadol? I HATE mornings!:shock:

Sadly, no success on Tramadol. No side effects which was great but it did absolutely nothing for me, sort of like taking Tylenol.

I've had some success with Tramadol helping me sleep a little better.

My sister had a lot issues with her spine, she is using a mix between tramadol and another medication that is helping her loads with her chronic back pain. But I guess she is having success on it because this is a completely different kind of pain? I really don't know, sorry to hear most people here haven't had success with it.

I, too, have chronic back pain due to herniated discs, costochondritis, arthritis, IT band syndrome and so wish Tramadol would help. But of course it is an individual thing. :)

I take tramadol with Tylenol and get decent relief. Doesn't take it away, but I'm not at pain level ten, more like level 6. That's about as good as it gets most days. I am grateful. My husband takes it for degenerative disc disease and other back pain issues post fusion.

I have been prescribed tramadol in the past and I have to say that it does nothing at all for me. I tend to do a whole lot better with Excedrin, I do not know why, but it really works well for me.

I've tried tramadol several times in the past. Sad to say that it's not for me. Believe it or not it keeps me awake! While I enjoy the energy during the day being up for literally days at a time really causes my pain to get worse. Coming off of it also causes me a great deal of trouble. :-( so far I haven't found any medicine that gives me relief, lyrica has worked a bit and I started elavil tonight. So hopefully that combo will help. Have you tried either of these?

I have been on it for 3 years. It took me 3 months of research to have the courage to take it. First, only on special occasions, like B-days or celebrations and then gradually worked myself up to the recommended dose of 50 mg 2 x a day.

Before Tramadol I was depressed and on disability because of the pain. With Tramadol I was able to turn my life around. I went back to school and got my BA degree. Wrote tons of papers on FM, sharing my experience and researching peer reviewed articles, which was so therapeutic. I found a job that works really well with my life style. I exercise daily, take dance classes, Yoga, swimming, walking, jogging. I am more active and fit than most people without any health problems, which is exactly how I used to be before FM.

The major concern of this drug is its potential for abuse and I am angry that most HMO doctors allow the abusers to discredit a perfectly safe alternative for the patients who use it responsibly.
I am too smart and strong willed to abuse a drug that works so well for me and gave me back my life.

According to the doctor who prescribed it to me (private practice) and my own research this drug is perfectly fine if you use it for treating chronic pain ONLY. There is a difference between dependence and addiction. If you use it recreationally and up the dose, OF COURSE you will get addicted to it. I have FM. I can’t afford to be stupid. I am an educated and well informed FM survivor and have made a pact with myself that I will change treatment modalities when the current dosage at some point does not work for me anymore.

I had recently a new HMO PCP who tried to convince me that the 3 approved FM drugs are better choices which is why he would never prescribe Tramadol to me and he doesn’t understand how ANY doctor would. He dismissed my doctor and made me feel horrible as if we committed a crime.

I've tried to use Tramadol a number of times. Every time I take it I feel like I am going to vomit. It's such an awful nausea that I said it's not worth whatever pain relief it gave me. It was kind of disappointing because I'd like my feet and hips to not hurt.

I have a friend who swears by it though. Works well for her, apparently.

Had a lot of success with it but my new dr won't give it to me with my cymbalta. :( I need to find something to go with it I'm dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back