Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hedon
I will probably discuss this elsewhere in the future, but this is just a testing ground for my theory at the moment, to see what others think.

It is known that there are acetylcholine receptors in the tongue. This is why nicotine gum works and why smokers can feel the effect of nicotine before it enters their lungs. I have a theory that blocked receptors in the tongue may be a possible cuase of brain fog in some individuals.

I have eaten curtains foods before like mature cheese, and felt the effects of brain fog immediately. Not after it has entered my digestive system but immediately. On the other side I've sometimes noticed that baking soda, cures my brain fog immediately.

I have theorized that when people mention brain fog from candidiasis, what is happening is that the oral thrush they are experiences is blocking the acetylcholine receptors in the tongue. I think some chemical or enzyme in mature cheese would have a similar effect.

What you would expect from acetylcholine receptors being blocked would be similar to nicotine withdrawal, including brain fog.

I hope to discuss this with others, but let me know what you think.

I have noticed something really similar to this, but this happens when I eat sweet things (which happens very often). For some reason I seem to get the brain fog symptoms asap, I really think the phrase: ''You are what you eat is pretty true''. I realized this phrase was really true when I was in the Netherlands and saw the impact a diet that is totally different to mine could have in my body! So I really believe what you eat can have a serious impact in your body, so yeah, your theory sounds quite accurate to me!

But care to explain what you mean when you say ''What you would expect from acetylcholine receptors being blocked would be similar to nicotine withdrawal''? You mean Nicotine withdrawal can also cause brain fog?

I have noticed something really similar to this, but this happens when I eat sweet things (which happens very often). For some reason I seem to get the brain fog symptoms asap, I really think the phrase: ''You are what you eat is pretty true''. I realized this phrase was really true when I was in the Netherlands and saw the impact a diet that is totally different to mine could have in my body! So I really believe what you eat can have a serious impact in your body, so yeah, your theory sounds quite accurate to me!

But care to explain what you mean when you say ''What you would expect from acetylcholine receptors being blocked would be similar to nicotine withdrawal''? You mean Nicotine withdrawal can also cause brain fog?

My theory is that something is causing the acetylcholine receptors in the tongue to be blocked, preventing acetylcholinic activity. Low acetylcholine is known to cause brain fog, and is often experienced by smokers in withdrawal.

Oh ok! Thanks for explaining it :) I get it now! So... what things do you think that could be blocking the acetylcholine receptors? You mentioned candidiasis and withdrawal from smoking. What else do you think that could block those receptors? If you are right, then we could find a way to fight brain fog! Mine has been so bad in the last months, no idea why since I'm not a smoker trying to quit or suffer from thrush.

I've noticed that when I put a little baking soda on my tongue, that things improve rapidly. Not a full cure, but instant partial relief. I think that the baking soda make be detaching whatever chemical it is from the acetylcholine receptor.

I assume that a certain level of acetylcholine would be present in saliva for this to be the case, but I'm not sure if there is evidence of this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back