Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
NJ
Many thanks to all of you who responded to my posts. It's so good to know that there is support out there.

The last few days I've been feeling worse because my chest feels tight and the fatigue has increased. I don't feel like I'm have trouble breathing but my chest feels tight and heavy. I'm very aware of my chest because of the feeling I'm having. I might call my doctor tomorrow to see if I can get an x-ray done. Have any of you had problems with pain or pressure in your chest with fibromyalgia?

Yes,I have had the intense pleasure of thinking that on top of everything that this tortuous illness has to offer,why not throw in heart problems to complete the package of horrors!First thing do not panic and worry,because it is incredible how from one day to the next,you feel like different parts of you are about to make you call 911.I have had them and my heart is in excellent health(not the one that has been broken perpetually though haha!)Seriously though,If you have had no issues before,I would not worry.If it makes you feel better emotionally to have it checked out,then do it!Lord knows us fibro sufferers have been poked and prodded,electricuted,flipped over and looked at from every angle.Modern tests for our problems virtually always come back negative.

It's aways good for the sake of your peace of mind to get check out.

But my tighting chest has been with me from the day one. So yes my chest feeling tight especially during heavy humidity. Or body position . Sometime it just felt tight causing by depressive disorder, and many other verity of fibro situation such as sudden deficiency, dehydration symptoms including dry eyes and mouth, etc, and many many more without the shortness of breath.

Things I usually do when having tightness of chest are starting by drinking cold water, check my heart beats for any palpitation, check my ph balance , check acid level and possibility of heartburn sensation, then try menthol inhaler for any possible of air way inflammation , etc.

Thank you all for your responses. I got an EKG done and all is well, and my doctor says my symptoms are related to fibromyalgia.

Have you try heating pads or hot water bottle on your chest ? Sometime I often take calcium ,potassium, or magnesium for it. Cause most fibro seem to deprived our body of a lot of minerals each day including vitamine such as D3 , and many others .

Have you try heating pads or hot water bottle on your chest ? Sometime I often take calcium ,potassium, or magnesium for it. Cause most fibro seem to deprived our body of a lot of minerals each day including vitamine such as D3 , and many others .

No I haven't tried a heating pad for my chest. I've used it for my arms. It is comforting. I take vitamin D3 everyday.

This week I had another episode with the chest pain and it was worse because it was 'pain' and not just 'pressure' on my chest. I let my boyfriend know how I'm feeling in case anything bad does happen. After a few hours the pain subsided a bit.....I felt better. Guess I'm learning how to live with it.

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.

I know what you mean , I get many level and types of chest pains. Some are so unbearable I get panic attack from the on going chest pain by it self. Do your chest pain ever get trigger by any thing like other physically pains or mentally situations? My other type of chest pains do often move up and down sometime from upper chest and lower chest , or side to side. Does it hurt more when you touch it? feeling like your chest muscle pains seize up? Crushing or stitch type of pains?

I love sleeping with heating pads or any thing warm on my chest. Sometime I strapped the heating pad to a pillow so I can hug it to go to sleep. It help me sleep better especiall the cold day.

Last edited:
Keep your chest open with shoulders back and head level, eat crushed garlic that sits for about 10-15 mins before u eat it raw, it will clear up chest and breath better again.

I tried that too with garlic , ginger, etc And I often binding my shoulder back for posture correction. Nothing works cause unfortunately my acid level are too high . I drink baking soda , eat pickles vegetables or diluting apple cider vinegar if my brittle teeth allow it. With imbalance electrolyte that's need constant correction , even during sleep. I have to goes for heat to relaxing my chest nerves and muscles , and ice if the pains invloving buring sensation .

Unless I have a cold flu symptom the fresh crush garlic might clear up some congestion pains. Sadly most of my chest pains aren't from congestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back