Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
PA
Hi everybody I am Eric and it's hard to believe that I am coming up on a year of being officially diagnosed as for a couple years they could not figure out what was going on but anyway. I am currently at a loss as what to do with my Rheumatologist as before officially being diagnosed I was suffering from severe depression. Though I am still suffering from it I am in treatment and on medication and have seen improvments. I told my fibro doctor this yesterday and his concern was that the depression was still making things worse and that when the depression was under control the pain would go away and that I should see my Psychiatrist more often. We also agreed that that baclofen was not working but with the other medications I am on he feels that one more would be too much that the next time I see him if I need something for the pain we can talk about it.

So sorry you are having a tough time Eric. I too have suffered severe depression. Cymbalta has helped my depression and my pain. I do still have pain, but it is not incapacitating. Hope you find the right help for you.

HI My fibromyalgia has been severe for the last 3 years i havent left the house.

AS a consequence i am now severely depressed because of such high pain levels and other really horrible fibro related symptoms like permanent bladder vaginal pelvic pain to point sitting and even walking is very painful...infact it just plain hurts like heck all the time like Ive been kicked by a horse and set on fire at same time.

Daily migraines jaw face pain and ear ache..sore throats and burning mouth syndrome to name but a few in addition to my whole body throbbing and burning.

May i ask Susanb was your pain that cymbalta helped pretty severe and what type in nature.

I managed my first 7 years of fibro with almost no medication and everything i have tried since i got worse hasn't helped.

Life is unbearably tough now from years of managing my condition somehow.

Hello Diamond, I am so sorry to know that you have all those pain and suffering! Are they all caused by Fibromyalgia? What made your symptoms become severe for these three years? Have you tried any other treatment aside from medication? Have you ever thought of trying something natural, homeopathic......?

Hi Marie29.....i believe all my symptoms are fibro plus there are other conditions like interstitial cystitis and burning mouth syndrome....tmj and migraines...sadly i gradually got them all then some as i think some is myofacial pain.....plus my father has ME and i have been told i have that too.

There seems over lap ...i dont think i had ME to start then it joined in because my body changed from having strength to walk for about an hour ..do my housework in stages and a little light gardening .....to almost zero.

I have tried natural supplements...all the good stuff most of us know about but not homeopathy.

I think so little activity has now created problems in my joints due to muscle wasting.....its really one big mess i have tried to fight unsuccessfully.

Thank you for asking and being supportive.

Hi Diamond! I am a registered nurse and tried everything before Cymbalta. I had 30 years of severe pain. Back, neck, shoulders, jaw, pelvic joints. I went on it for severe depression and felt relief from my symptoms. Not total, but with massage, chiropractic, exercise and ice, I am much better. Still having trouble with fatigue. I wish you the best of luck.

HI My fibromyalgia has been severe for the last 3 years i havent left the house.

AS a consequence i am now severely depressed because of such high pain levels and other really horrible fibro related symptoms like permanent bladder vaginal pelvic pain to point sitting and even walking is very painful...infact it just plain hurts like heck all the time like Ive been kicked by a horse and set on fire at same time.

Daily migraines jaw face pain and ear ache..sore throats and burning mouth syndrome to name but a few in addition to my whole body throbbing and burning.

May i ask Susanb was your pain that cymbalta helped pretty severe and what type in nature.

I managed my first 7 years of fibro with almost no medication and everything i have tried since i got worse hasn't helped.

Life is unbearably tough now from years of managing my condition somehow.

I recently had jaw/face pain, burning mouth. I thought it was sinus. I went to see my massage therapist. It was referred pain from one of the several muscle knots in my neck, shoulders and back. When she was finished with me, no more pain (in the face/neck/mouth. I am seeing her twice a month to establish some relief for fibro. She helped me with the symptoms you describe. I was ready to try anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back