Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Nick,

Have you seen a Rheumatologist, as the pain and weakness/fatigue sort of sounds like Fibromyalgia, especially with jaw pain and headache. I'm not a doc, just know about Fibro because I have it. It involves the connective tissues.

Common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia include:

Widespread Pain Morning Stiffness Fatigue Vision Problems
Nausea Sleep Disorders Urinary and Pelvic Problems Weight Gain
Dizziness Chronic Headaches Cold Symptoms
Temperomandibular Joint
Dysfunction Syndrome Multiple Chemical
Sensitivity Syndromes "Fibrofog": Cognitive
or Memory Impairment
Skin Complaints Chest Symptoms Anxiety
Depression Dysmenorrhea Aggravating Factors
Myofascial Pain
Syndrome Muscle Twitches

and Weakness Memory Loss:
Is it Real?
Weather Changes The Menstrual Cycle Troubles Breathing?

http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org

Yes that is a good idea Jamie. I forgot about that. when I was first diagnosed with Fibro they checked for Lyme, as it also has similar symptoms.

It's really horrible when there are so many different diseases that have similar symptoms and you have to go thru so much to figure out what the crap is wrong with you.

Good luck Nick

Thanks everyone for the feedback....

As an example of today, I woke up this morning feeling weak in the left arm and hand with some pain in the left arm muscle. Some in the right as well, but most in the left arm. I can also feel some pain in the forearm up the arm itself. Weird.

Take a shower, and head off to the train. Place my hand on the seat in front of me for like 15 minutes, and notice that the pain is gone, but my hand still feels detached ( like I can move all my fingers and wiggle them but it feels like i have a glove on ) all the while the other hand feels kinda the same. It's always the pinkie finger that feels the most out of place. Oh, and I always seem to feel nausea in the mornings, like I want to throw up but just seem to burp alot. That's always fun. It goes away when I get to the office and sit down to work.

I notice I'm flush ( red and feel warm in the face ) with no temp at anytime of the day. It just comes and goes. I have never noticed any spasm or locking up of my limbs when they twitch; just a few fire off's and then done.

I think in reality I do possibly have Fibromyalgia. At my next neuro visit I plan to ask if we can do the EMG again to test if I have any loss of muscle, but I still think that since I can still left pretty heavy things ( i was a fool and lifted a 150 lb TV for my wife the other day ) i'm not really seeing the muscle waste.

Also, I always described myself as feeling like I was on the tail end of having a bad cold with the soreness, weakness and general malaise.

As for the Lexapro, I've never really been sick or needed any meds before now. I mean sure I'm scared and all, but I think after my neuro put me on Nortriptlyne and i went back 2 weeks later seeing pink elephants, I'm a little hazy on stuff.

And the best part is i'm adopted. So now I'm trying to find out about my real parents medical history ...

When it rains ....

I think in reality I do possibly have Fibromyalgia. At my next neuro visit I plan to ask if we can do the EMG again to test if I have any loss of muscle,

It is important that you see a Rheumotologist that specializes in Fibromyalgia if that is what you are leaning towards. Just as many neuros are not up to snuff on ALS the same is for rheumos and Fibro.

nserfani - I absolutely love how you write! I am really sorry for what you are experiencing, but you are still able to add a little humor to it and give us a laugh.

My take on fibromyalgia (something I was diagnosed with in the beginning) is that it is a group of symptoms that the docs don't understand a reason for so they are labeled as "fibromyalgia". Many docs, including my primary care, do not believe in this syndrome. And now that I have been diagnosed, I definitely know it is a crock! Yes, those patient's are suffering all of those symptoms, but for a reason unknown to the doc, hence the diagnosis of fibromyalgia. They even added chronic fatigue to mine when all the symptoms didn't fit fibromyalgia. Chronic fatigue is another "we don't know what it is, so we will label it this" syndrome.

Are you still on Lipitor? I think that all the cholesterol lowering agents can cause muscle problems. Try googling it for side effects, but not on the lipitor site!

Hopefully your symptoms will abate, maybe viral or something, but if not get a good neuro. I too had extremely bad flu like symptoms and exhaustion and no one could figure it out. I know it makes for a rough time, but hang in there. Good luck~Leslie

In reality, that's my take on Fibro as well. It seems like a doc would have an easier time just dumpng all these symptoms into one well rounded, named disease and that's it.

I 86'd the lipitor a while back. I was told that the Lipitor could in fact make people feel this way, with the fatigue and the soreness.

I apologize in advance for this, but in reality I've been freaking out for a while now. Almost feels like I'm screaming on the inside, but trying to hold it togeother on the outside. Anyone in my family I try to talk to always says it's stress or that it's nothing to worry about. That's a hard pill to swallow over and over ....

I mean it's scary as heck that my fingers still work just fine, but feel somewhat disconnected. Like my grip is a smidge off, but I don't know anymore.I have no problems with buttons or bottles, and my grip is all kosher. But, I really feel this is just the beginning on a downward slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back