At what ointment did I just tell my whole family to pissed off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe when someone gets banned their status changes retroactively on all their previous posts. The infraction may have happened in a different thread.

I think you have to educate the people around you. I have friend who is a total female jock and can't stand weakness. I told her fibromyalgia feels like the day after a marathon when you ache and feel weak and know that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. No amount of stretching is going to make it go away. She is now my biggest supporter now. As a jock she eats paleo and sometimes makes me food that I know I can eat with my IBS. Few people understand my weird diet, but now this ultra jock does. It also helps to talk about missing the days when I could do things like backpack or party all night. It tells them that I want to be that person I was, but my body has limits right now.

i'm grouchy and bite, i liked your long post :).

moe1959 i relate some. some of my friends have abandonned ship, tired of my being sick. they don't get it. my parents and family are a touch too solicitous. if i get one more controlling your pain, or alternative therapy, or positive thinking article, or book, i'm going to scream. i get that they are being helpful, but at least 2 every day. and the books pile up because the take so long to read.

the clothespins on your husband is a good idea. and maybe some couples counselling so you guys can communicate in a neutral setting? facilitators do help. i'd say talk to your family, but i suck at that myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back