willowbee221

Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
US
State
FL
Hello everyone,

I'm new here but not new to Fibro. I was only recently diagnosed with Fibro in February, but have been suffering with it for over 12 years (it began at about 15 yrs of age). I have also been diagnosed with a myriad of secondary conditions (IBS, TMJ, Migraines, Costochondritis, Acid Reflux, Diverticulosis, Asthmatic Bronchitis, Low Body Temp and Sensitivities to Cold Temps, Chronic Sinusitis, Severe Allergies, Hypoglycemia....) The list goes on and on, as I'm sure most of you know.

I'm a stay-at-home wife, as my condition prevents me from working outside the home. But I am currently in the processes of starting my own online Apothecary to sell handcrafted products made from all natural, raw ingredients and pure essential oils.

I'm very fortunate to have a supportive husband who understands and respects my limitations and daily challenges. I'm also mom to 3 furbabies - 2 ShiChi puppies, Shelby & Willow, and 1 enormous GSP, named Harley.

I also enjoy... crocheting (when my hands allow it), typography, writing, making my own health and beauty products, natural holistic living, cooking my Granny's recipes and watching entirely too much Netflix.

Looking forward to meeting like-minded people and others suffering with my condition.

Willowbee221,
Hello and welcome to the forum. I invite you to share your experiences and coping skills with the other members, but (Do Not add in any links to other websites in your posts).

That said I see your from Clewiston, Florida. I feel like we are old neighbors as I lived in LaBelle, Florida for many years. It was a nice time in my life, other than during hurricane season. I know your area had gotten hit several times and that must have been hard on your stress levels and fibro.

Anyways, there are lots of topics to read about and be sure to read old posts as well. Ask questions and give answers to others in regards to things you have tried in the treatment and management of fibro. I was diagnosised with fibro during my years in Florida, so it does not seem to matter how warm or cold the weather is where one lives in order to get fibro.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)

Hey 1sweed,

What a coincidence that you used to live in LaBelle. I've never met anyone who'd actually heard of Clewiston. I've lived here my whole life, but we are planning to move within the next year to North West Florida. We haven't had a bad hurricane in our area since Wilma in 2005. We've been quite fortunate during hurricane season the last few years.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Did you know that very few people have ever heard of Labelle, also. It is like where's that? I say thirty miles inland from Ft Myers. Most people from here go to Plant City or Winter Gardens area. I remember the last time the hurricane swept through Clewiston, and overturned a big tree which had, had a lawn mower sitting under it and the root ball was so big that it left the lawn mower high up in the air when the tree fell over.
That was the time the storm shifted in the middle of the night and went your way instead of hitting us.

I hope your not moving close to the coast next year. Of course the way the storms have been it does not seem to matter where you live.

Anyways, glad your here and sharing your thoughts on fibro. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back