Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang! I have the exact same ting! I feel it right behind my head. Can you believe the useless doctor I saw yesterday said my symptoms were to diffuse? So she went on and blamed this excruciating pain on stress! Of course I didn't believe that, will be seeing another doctor tomorrow, sadly I won't be able to get my meds until Tuesday. I hope things don't get complicated! Weird it all started with neck pain, I think it all started because I didn't treat my bronchitis properly back in February. Darn!

I am so sorry to hear you got the blues. Sometimes I find myself being positive so much that I realize that I never really allow myself to get blue and I really need to. So, I do a good cry and maybe vent on here. It's good not to keep it bottled up. Maybe finding some relief for your headaches will help. Although, they could be stress related, too, from grieving for the loss of your loved one. Try to find something that will relax you. Retail therapy, hot bath, a walk, just getting out of the house, music, visiting friends or relatives... whatever it is, hopefully it will help ease your mind and help you feel better.

Thank you, trayne :) I'm still with the headaches, I'm almost certain it's a sinus infection or swelling. I just saw a doctor and she said it was my muscles, it could just be a flare, but I do know what muscle pain feels like. Sigh, tomorrow Ill go out for a bit and will surely relax and try to have a good time. It's hard with this constant pain that keeps getting worse and worse :( Ah well, will try to relax even more :) Thanks for the reply, I feel less lonely :)

I hope you're feeling better Trellum, best wishes from me and my family :)

Thank you, hansenlaw :) You are all very kind and sweet! I'm in a better mood today, but health-wise... same pain; same issue. Can you believe another doctor today said my neck pain was muscular? I know muscular pain and that's not it :sad: So no longer sad, just very frustrated :O

First of all I am so sorry about the pain you are in. I too was suffering from a mean sinus infection a few years ago, it was undiagnosed and I was having terrible headaches everyday. Finally I was treated with antibiotics and that improved my condition. Since then I have been drinking a lot of apple cider vinegar, it is good for your sinuses and your overall health. Keep your head up, I hope this helps!

Thank you, you are very sweet :) Today I feel a bit better, hopefully I can be like that until I finally get the right diagnosis! By the way, how long did you went undiagnosed? I'm glad things turned out good for you, I heard that sinusitis if left untreated can result in meningitis! I read about that some years ago!

The apple cider vinegar... do you drink it just like that? How much of it do you drink daily? Thanks for the tip :) You are very kind!

One thing you can do is get a suction bulb (like you use on a baby's nose) and use it to squirt warm water, with salt and baking soda mixed in it, up your nose and into your sinuses. It will clean them out and prevent infection. It's pretty amazing relief when I have sinus troubles.

Been thinking about you Trellum. I hope you are doing better. I'm sorry, I haven't been on lately. I finally got a neurological appointment scheduled for my headaches. It's tomorrow. Cross your fingers they can help. Between that and the fatigue, I'm worthless these days.....

Did the doctor test you for a sinus infection? It's pretty easy to do. If they think muscular, what do they suggest you do? I take an anti inflammatory every day and it makes a huge difference with my muscular pain and joint aches. The kind I take doesn't seem to cause problems with my colitis. I'm curious if that would be helpful for you?

Terbaer, I'm glad to hear you finally got that appointment! I truly hope they can help you out! It's soooooo hard to find good doctors nowadays, have you noticed how most of them seem to rely too much on CT scans? *Sigh* it seems its no longer important to listen to your patients anymore :( I truly hope they can help you out... I've always said I can stand pain anywhere in my body, but not my head or neck!

Guess what? It seems the ENT who specialize in the nose, sinus, etc... I saw today couldn't even diagnose me! He ordered a CT scan of my sinuses. *SIGH* I don't want to be exposed to s much radiation... be careful with CT scans! The American cancer association said a lot patients are being radiated unnecessarily. I was back in 2010 and 2011, that alone has increased my odds to develop cancer after 1 or 2 decades. So... no matter what doctor you see, always ask him there is a better alternative! Like another test that doesn't require ionizing radiation.

I sometimes take ''Caridoxen'' for my muscles issues :) It helps for the muscles issues I have, but as I said before... I'm sure as heck this isn't muscular! The back of my ears hurt so bad some days ago. The doctor ignored that tho, they think we don't know our own body! By the way, what's the medication you are taking?

One thing you can do is get a suction bulb (like you use on a baby's nose) and use it to squirt warm water, with salt and baking soda mixed in it, up your nose and into your sinuses. It will clean them out and prevent infection. It's pretty amazing relief when I have sinus troubles.

Thanks a lot! Actually the doctor I saw today suggested that very same thing. He told me how much I needed of each and so on. I will definitely try it! I just need to get the neti pot :) I will try that, if I still have those strong aches in my forehead and behind my ears, then I will go see a different doctor, since this one couldn't even diagnose me... asked a sinus CT scan to do that. Since when diagnosing swollen or infected sinuses requires a CT scan?! :roll::roll::roll::roll:

Trellum, I take a number of medications from blood thinners and cholesterol meds after minor heart attack (I'm not overweight either), I'm on cymbalta for the fibro and peroxicam for arthritis and inflammation. I also take an antidepressant to help me sleep and keep the IBS in check. When I have a flare-up with colitis I take a timed release steroid. I also take a number of vitamins. I am looking forward to getting off some of the meds in October, which is a year after my heart attack. My neurologist wants to do a series of tests to see if my neck and back have deteriorated worse than it was when I saw him last, which was about 3-4 years ago. Nerve tests, and MRI of head, neck, back and hips. We'll see. I've associated the headaches to the whole of everything I'm going through with the pain and fatigue of fibro. It's possible it's not related. I'll find out in a few weeks.

I'm wondering if your doctor believes something in the upper sinus is going on. A CT scan would tell that. IDK. I'm a person of two thoughts. 1) I don't like doing things or taking things that will lessen my long-term quality of life, like radiation. That said, 2) If I could have a test and be exposed for a short amount of time, but I could be relieved of pain and they really could figure out why your head hurts, it might be worth the tradeoff.....Only you know for yourself.....

I know when I feel down I tend not sleep well, and then, I feel more pain throughout my body. I'm more intolerant to different weather conditions. The cold affects me, and even if it isn't cold I'll feel cold most of the day. i feel as sensitive to the cold when I feel more positive about my life. I try to take one day at a time, and forget anything negative from the day before.

Yeah, going thru that right now. The useless doctors I've been seeing in the last few weeks were all convinced all my symptoms were stress related, but actually the only thing that stressed me out was them being so useless! Now I'm starting to think I'm indeed stressed, hehehehe! Crazy world!

I wish I could go back to my other state... the one that was more like you, not thinking about the negative today... :( I just can't lately.

Stress is really such a major factor to overall health. If you are stressed about so many things, your health can easily fail because of that. That's why most doctors would always advise that people just take life easily and avoid stressing over small things.

I noticed that exercise is such a good way to actually free the body from stress. It helps you to distract yourself from whatever is causing the stress. At the same time, it helps you feel more positive about life because you are seeing its good effects on the body.

Feeling any better Trellum? Just wanted to check up on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back