DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
SC
Hey fibro friends!
I've had a flare up for 6 days now. It's just intense pain everywhere that makes me cringe. Just a bone aching throbbing nails on a chalkboard pain.
My doc has me on 500mg of naproxen ... Should I be on something different?
Is this because the weather is changing? What can I do? I've been taking magnesium and coconut oil and dragon balm... Still in pain.
I decided to try and clean the house today and now I feel like I'm dying.
Ugh

Ask the Dr for maybe a top up pain killer when your having a flare.hugs

I have co codamol 30/500. It makes you a bit woosy but takes the edge off the pain. I dont like the feeling but when desperate for pain relief i give in! Maybe you could discuss it as an option with your doctor.

MAY I ASK HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN. NAPROXIN? Is that the med that has ibeprofine? To much of it can really hurt your organs. Go to a pain Management clinic.

Moe, I've been on 500mg of Naproxin for almost a month now. My pain management doc prescribed them to me but when I see him again I will ask for another medication.

I knew it could be hard on your kidneys, but not other organs. I may look into something else also.

Hippiechick,
For my FM I take Cymbalta (works for both depression and FM), Gralise 600mg ER, Pramipexole, Meloxicam. When I have bad flare ups, I get in the shower or tub or just take a hot, wet towel and place it over my knees. I'm trying to find a new swimming pool to use bc the available hours and rates have changed. I had aqua therapy for a month and voila! I was amazed. Its like wrapping yourself in a warm, wet blanket only better. Wet heat is the best thing for arthritis, my mother in-law told me so. :) I'm finding that with Fibro, there are a lot of tag alongs (Chronic Fatigue and Arthritis).
Best of luck,
Cheryl Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back