Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Well it is finally over. I was surprisingly calm during the hearing itself but once I got home I fell apart. I can't believe what a huge relief I feel that this is all over and done with.

So I was sitting in the hall and my attorney came out and got me. I went and spoke with the judge and I used all the key words that everybody told me to use. I gave short precise answers. The judge made me really nervous ever though he wasn't actually in the room with me. At one point I got the impression he thought he had caught me lying about something but as it turns out it was him who was confused. So he asked me a bunch of questions then my attorney asked me a bunch of questions and then the VE weighed in. He said he came up with 2 jobs that he felt I could do. One was as an office clerk and the other was a maintenance worker. When he mentioned that one I must have looked at him like he had two heads. No way on earth could I push a mop bucket around and change light bulbs and do whatever it is that a maintenance worker does, so we ruled that one out. The judge started speaking to the VE about codes and such that had to do with what jobs I could work and at that point I was lost. The judge listened to my witness and since she is a pysch nurse I think he

put a lot of stock in what she said. The long and short of it is I didn't get an answer today but on the bright side I didn't get a denial today so I guess that is a good thing.

These disability lawyers have a real good deal going on for them. The judge asked my attorney if he had any openings statements and he said no. Then the lawyer asked me maybe 3 questions and at the end the judge asked him if he had any closing statements and again he said no. I had expected him to get up there and plead my case to the judge which he did not do. Just asked me 3 questions and boom that's it. I don't know what he did for me behind the scenes but my 7 year old granddaughter could have asked me those questions. I mean seriously, he asks 3 questions and he gets to keep a fourth of what I get in back pay if I win. Geesh, what a racket.

The attorney said there maybe a outside chance that they will send me to see another psychiatrist before the judge renders his decision but he thinks it's unlikely. He said I should have a decision in a month if they don't send me to another psychiatrist, two months if they do. My attorney told me that the judge was talking like I would get a favorable outcome so I asked him if he thought my chances were good and he said they were very good.

So once again we sit and wait. I will keep everyone posted as to whether I win or not.

Well Done Krista..very well done! At least it is over. I agree the lawyer seems quite useless....seems he is relying on all the medical evidence and yourself to do the convincing

It sounds a very harsh system that they actually come up with jobs then you have to kind of prove you cant do them. Honestly wouldn't you think just the medical evidence alone and the judge asking you questions would mean so called experts could see for them selves.

Yes I also assumed an attorney would stand up and point out all the reasons from your file why you were entitled to disability.....but it is still looking very positive and i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Relax as best you can now...with any luck you might get your answer before Christmas.

Hi Krista,

Whew!! I think I heard your sigh of relief all the way over here! :)

Keep your eye on your MySS online account. Sometimes, but not always, the first indication of the judge's ruling appears there. I found out of my approval online before my Notice of Decision letter arrived in the mail.

Take care and be good to yourself. I hope the approval comes very soon.

Oh Krista, I'm so glad the day fineally arrived and you were in a confident mode. Breath easier now and relax while you wait. Even if they make you see another psyciatrist you are in a better place. Honesty doesn't always pay off when it should but eventually it does.
I gasped when I read maintenance worker. We can't even get a broom out some days let alone dance with it! And clerical...yes some days maybe but what do we do when we wake in a bad flair? And no doubt if brain fog doesn't cause a filing ruckes then our meds will.
Thanks for keeping us posted and I look forward to the day you get a good answer.

What a day u had.i do hope u don't have to wait to long for a answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back