Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2017
Country
US
State
NC
Glad I found you all.. I have been recently diagnosed although I think I have had it for years and seen rheumatologists, physical therapists, and chiropractors. I have also been tested for Lupus and Lyme disease. I am hypothyroid but have been on meds for that which have have brought my levels back to normal. I also take Prozac for depression. I had really bad flares of what I thought was arthritis but it would spontaneously resolve and I would feel fine for awhile. Over time, my symptoms got worse and now I have pain continuously. I kept a journal for awhile. My triggers are stress and too much physical activity. Sometimes the pain is mild and sometimes severe. I always hurt in the mornings and It affects my sleep. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I never know how I will feel from one day to the next. Currently I am taking extra strength Tylenol with Celebrex twice a day. It helps but does not totally relieve the pain. The pain has been so bad at times, my teeth chatter and I just cry. I tried flexiril but it did not work for me. I need something stronger.. I have pain all over, even in my ribs, hands, and feet plus everywhere else. I need to find something that doesn’t interact with my antidepressant and it is hard to find... I can relate to many of you. Thanks for listening to my rant..April

Hi chblack and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you have been recently diagnosed. Like you, many of us suffered for some years before a diagnosis of fibromyalgia was made so we understand. In some ways it's better to know, then you can get on with living your life with a few new adjustments. Pacing yourself is a good place to start.

I hope you enjoy the forum and get a lot of benefit from talking to others with similar problems. Some of the older threads contain terrific ideas for coping so I hope you have time to read back through some of them.

Again, welcome.

hi chblack

:)

Welcome to the crazy world! :mrgreen: There are many nice people here and it's good not to be alone in fibro brain. I hope you'll find it great comforting here and just what you need to get by on the rainny days. ( for me it's literally cause humidity is killing me right now) :confused: :) welcome here chblack

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back