Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/1991
Country
US
State
mo
I was diagnosed back in 1991 with CFS/Fibro. Over the years I have avoided medication as much as possible, I do not tolerate pain meds well at all. about 2 1/2 years ago I started having Blood Pressure spikes going as high as 220/180 and debilitating headaches unlike any I had ever had over the years, when I was getting migraines I didn't think there could be any worse, but I was wrong. I also started getting other symptoms I didn't have before Feeling like I had a collar on too tight or a hand grasping the front of my neck making my breathing hard along with occasional sharp pains in the sides of my neck, tingling started around my eyes all the time, and pains shooting through my head sometimes just real quick flashes of pain and sometimes lasting a couple minutes and sometimes just a couple times a day and sometimes lasting all day. I went to dr after dr after dr, finally I went to a Nurse Practitioner that I used to see but I moved so she was a bit far to see, anyways first thing she did when she saw my BP numbers and I explained the headache differences was send me for an MRA and I had an Aneurysm in the back of my brain and I had it coiled. I however still have everything but the one type of headache and they tell me that it's not related. So I hate to assume that these are all just new symptoms of fibro, but they can't seem to find anything else. These shooting pains in my head scare me, and the chocking sensation in my neck is insane, I really think something with my thyroid is causing it but as usual (all the bloodwork comes back in normal range) and ultrasound showed a small cyst and nodule (but dr says neither are big enough to cause trouble) I may just be paranoid because for over 20 years I didn't have some of this stuff and wonder why now would a bunch of new stuff start... anyone else have this experience?

I have been having similar headache/migraines with sharp shooting pains that go into my temples. I also get eye twitches with them and pain on the sides of my throat. My blood work also comes back it is not my thyroid. but I am always low on vitamin D and extremely low iron. which does not help at all with the fatigue that you have when you have fibro.

Thanks Ihaney, Looks like I need to follow up on it some more, doesn't seem typical of fibro if only 2 of us have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back