Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
Colorado
I've been taking tramadol for almost a year now. It has turned into a daily thing, and I need it to feel "normal." It combats my fatigue, gives me energy, and lessens my anxiety. However, I can't help but feel like an "addict," or "dependent," and put myself down about it. Is it normal to require tramadol daily? Should I be concerned? Any other advice?
Thanks,
SickNicole :sad:

Hey there. I've been taking tramadol 4x day for two years for pain. Keep in mind that being "dependent" on it for pain is a far cry from being addicted. Think of it as any other medication that you take for your health. For example. you might be dependent on blood pressure medication to keep your blood pressure under control. Like any medication that you take long term, there could be side effects if you abruptly stopped taking it. That's not addiction. My advice: take the smallest amount you need and don't worry. Hugs. Pat

Yep I've had it for five years now.only thing that helps me.i take two in the morning and two at night.
I always try to stick to that .then I no if I have a flare I can take more and it will help.

Tramadol (also known as Ultram) is a synthetic opioid. I have heard that it is less likely to cause addiction, but addiction can still happen.

I echo what others say though - you are taking it to relieve your pain and having been on it for an extended time will mean you will feel different without it. If you are not taking more than prescribed and it is not adversely affecting you then you should be safe.

I have been prescribed it for awhile now, taking it in the AM and the PM with my Neurontin definitely helps.

HI, I have been on it too for long time. I have been on 400mg of the 24hr release for over two years. And have the fast acting 100mg tablets if I have any breakthrough pain. It was the only pain medication that took away the pain but didn't make me loopy. I can say I need it every day to function. I am sure if the day came that I no longer needed them I could wing my self off of them.

I have been on Tramadol for around almost 5 years. Its the only thing ive found that kinda helps the pain still unable to live my life how I would like but it does help.

I've been taking tramadol for almost a year now. It has turned into a daily thing, and I need it to feel "normal." It combats my fatigue, gives me energy, and lessens my anxiety. However, I can't help but feel like an "addict," or "dependent," and put myself down about it. Is it normal to require tramadol daily? Should I be concerned? Any other advice?
Thanks,
SickNicole :sad:

I have taken tramadol for around 4 years I need it to just function and even with it I'm unable to live my life due to the severe pain.

I will admit when I come off it I have bad withdraws.i can't keep my legs still hot and cold sweats and can't sleep.and that's on a mini dose.
But I can still walk and talk and have some kind of a life on it.

I've taken tramadol for 15 years, it made my life manageable old Dr retired,new Dr won't give me any. I'm totally stressed out. HELP!

I've taken tramadol for 15 years, it made my life manageable old Dr retired,new Dr won't give me any. I'm totally stressed out. HELP!

Look for another dr .really don't give up looking there's one out there who will give u them x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back