Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
US
State
Iowa
in pain constantly. constant brain fog. constant digestive issues from everything. skin crawling in the most uncomfortable way. debilitating fatigue. i can't enjoy anything. how do people live like this? it's not even like there are enjoyable things in life so there is a reason to continue. it's all miserable.

you live for the very few ok and good minutes, hours or days that you might have. On those days, yes, one does tend to feel bad because you are reminded head on (like a hard slap) about how bad you have it on your bad days.

I go on because of that slither of hope that someday there will be a cure, or anything that makes it 40% better. (or any percentage is welcome really)

It's tough....but somehow you push on through. Keep on pushing through....

I ask myself the same question frequently. Every day seems to be a different battle to fight.

Today it was brain fog! My daughter called to ask who was picking her up from band practice when I was just finishing work. I had forgotten to make arrangements for someone to collect her so I drove over to the school to get her meaning her instructor had to stay behind til I got there, it was rush hour & seemed to take ages to get there. When I finally arrived I realised I had got the school wrong & they were practicing in a school on the other side of town. The instructor had to attend a meeting at the school they were at & I had to go and interrupt them to let him know I was there to collect my daughter & apologise. Then we were stuck in the school for ages trying to find a way out because it was after hours and most of the doors were locked. I hate living with a brain that seems to barely function & I’m always letting my girls down because of it.

Tomorrow is another day, hopefully it’ll be a better one ��

Has anyone else in the UK noticed that the clocks moving forward plays havoc with fibro? I’ve been struggling big time since yesterday & the fatigue is horrible.

You live because there is only one alternative. Mind you, you can choose that alternative, but very few people genuinely want to do that, and I don't think it is to be recommended at all. You just really, truly, never know what is just around the next corner. Your life can do a 180 between one day and the next, and you just never know how it will turn.

Also, I personally don't believe in living on hope. If I spend my time hoping that in the future things will be better, then I am not focusing on what is happening right now. If I live only for future Hopes, I might miss the joy that a bird song or a sunset or even just the most perfect little breeze can bring to me. I want to live for right now. And if right now sucks because I am in pain, then I remind myself that at least I am in pain inside my own dwelling! I have a roof, shoes I can put on if I go outside, and food to eat. Millions of people don't have all that, and are also in pain.

Usually you are better off than you think you are. You just need to focus on it. And I am not some Pollyanna who is saying that thinking positively will change the world or even your life. Just saying that it can't hurt, and I have found that it makes this moment better for me if I actually am alive to this moment right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back