Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
IL
Hello, everyone, sorry I haven't been on much lately. I have been dealing with so much. I live in the middle of nowhere practically and I have 1 neighbor. This neighbor moved here from a big city and he has been trying to make my life hell by threatening my life, Ramming his lawn mower into my fence repeatedly, Destroying my garden, Glaring at me, cussing at me, etc. The list goes on. I have been nothing but nice to this guy, I plowed the snow from his driveway for years for him, I loaned him tools and worked on his vehicles when he needed help. Now he makes my stress level so high. I am instantly in a bad mood when I get home. I have property in Montana where I plan to move in a few years. I wish I could sell this place and move now. Unfortunately the housing market fell after I bought the house, Ill never be able to get my money back unless I continue fixing the house up, which I have trouble doing because of the fibro. Anytime I'm away I feel so much better, then I come back and it all comes rushing back. Why can't people just mind there own business and be nice to others? Now I'm contemplating building a fence that I can't afford, or posting a for sale sign for him to see and see if he's willing to buy me out. Stress can break a person. I'm tired of it.

This neighbor moved here from a big city and he has been trying to make my life hell by threatening my life, Ramming his lawn mower into my fence repeatedly, Destroying my garden, Glaring at me, cussing at me, etc. The list goes on.

Ugh, what a horrid thing to have to go through. :mad: You've filed a report, right? What was done about this? I realize that the police probably can't do anything for glaring or cussing at you (maybe harassment charges, now that I think of it) but ramming your fence and destroying your garden is destruction of property and most likely trespassing to get to your garden, so they should have at least acted on those parts of it.

Ive filed several reports over the years, Anytime I take action it just makes it worse, so now I just make the report and have it on file so there is a history of what he has been doing to me. I feel like its something I just can't deal with right now. There are times I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack from all this stress. I just want to get away from it all and be left alone. It just sucks because I spend most of my time at home since doing anything else costs money. Its so easy to do nothing all day when you can't go outside because it wont be peaceful.

Sorry I come across as nosy, but what happened between you two for him to react that way?! I mean, you sounded like the neighbor of the year! What happened? Really sucks he forgot so easily all the nice things you did for him, btw. Amazing how something small can ruin years and years of good deeds, but yep, I have seen that happen to me and that's why I no longer go out of my way to help everyone out.

Sorry to hear you are going thru this kind of stress, can't imagine what it must be like to have a bad neighbor, because your home is like your sanctuary!

You know I'm not sure what happened between us, I heard he was mad because the school bus would come up our lane and pick his kids up. One day the bus turned around and the bus tire left a huge rut in his yard. He threw a fit called the county threatening to sue them and made them fix the rut. Then the school bus didn't come up the drive anymore after that. I heard it was my fault because my truck was in the way and it caused the school bus to make a rut in his yard. Whatever it is it wasn't worth all this stress. I get along with 99 percent of the people I have met and I just keep hoping he will mellow out a little bit. I'm not the fighting type I just want to be able to relax.

You know I'm not sure what happened between us, I heard he was mad because the school bus would come up our lane and pick his kids up. One day the bus turned around and the bus tire left a huge rut in his yard. He threw a fit called the county threatening to sue them and made them fix the rut. Then the school bus didn't come up the drive anymore after that. I heard it was my fault because my truck was in the way and it caused the school bus to make a rut in his yard. Whatever it is it wasn't worth all this stress. I get along with 99 percent of the people I have met and I just keep hoping he will mellow out a little bit. I'm not the fighting type I just want to be able to relax.
I hate to say it but you will probably have to confront him in some manner. If you have a lawyer ask them to write a strongly worded letter explaining the legal action you will take if he does not relent. Your a better person than me, I would have already been in his face and explained that we have a problem and it's up to him to decide how it gets resolved. Zero tolerance for bullies. Good luck.

Your neighbor does not sound very kind. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. IT is hard enough being ill without having added stress that is not necessary.

I agree with you, but I'd not say ''he doesn't sound very kind'', I'd instead say: ''he sounds like a total and absolute douche!'', like woah. Sad to see some people can be so darn ungrateful! The OP was so nice to him for years, then they had a small argument and the other guy forgot about all those favors. Disgraceful!

He's twice my age! I am disappointed in how he is acting. It's hard to confront the guy because you can't have a calm talk with him. He just blows up and starts yelling he needs to go to therapy if you ask me. Plus he drinks soo much, which doesn't help the situation. I'm just going to have to put up a fence and ignore him. But the property lines are all screwed up and I know he's going to throw a fit about that too.

With that kind of behavior, your neighbors deserve a complaint to the homeowner's association. I can't imagine that they can be that considerate. They probably came from a place where people are equally rude. What I suggest you do is write a detailed complaint about the things he has done and file that to the homeowner's association. It will then be up to them to take action.

I live in the country, I have 1 single neighbor then none for miles. There's no such thing as a homeowners association here, or I've never heard of it anyway.

He's twice my age! I am disappointed in how he is acting. It's hard to confront the guy because you can't have a calm talk with him. He just blows up and starts yelling he needs to go to therapy if you ask me. Plus he drinks soo much, which doesn't help the situation. I'm just going to have to put up a fence and ignore him. But the property lines are all screwed up and I know he's going to throw a fit about that too.

Damn, that sounds tough! So sorry you have to deal with this! Gosh, I think the best approach is to ignore him, no wonder you don't feel so well at home. What a prick he is, our house is supposed to be our sanctuary, the place where we find peace and harmony after a long day. Btw, I know that kind of people, he sounds a lot like my dad... in the sense he starts screaming when you try to talk with him about certain things.

I am really sorry to hear about all your trouble. And I understand perfectly what you must be going through in this moment. I have had neighbours from hell in the past as well. The only good thing was that I was renting the property and was able to move on after a few months. I had to. I simply couldn't stand it anymore. My health hit rock bottom and I couldn't eat properly anymore.
I so hope that you will find some quick solutions for your persona hell over there. Is there a way at all of talking some sense into this person?
Sometimes the council can also help with certain issues. I know it sounds like a lot of trouble, and you are already overloaded with stress, but try to stay calm and focus on the things that will improve your life right now - if you can!

I can relate to what you are saying, I have a neighbor just like that. He used my driveway as a neighborhood bus stop for all the children. I didn't no this was happening until I came home from work early and saw all the kids running around my house. I called the bus company and told them what was going on. They apologize and said that should not be happening the bus stop is down the road from you. When the neighbor found this out he started screaming at me. He said that I hate children, and now he is making my life hell. He parks his car at the bottom of his driveway so I can't see to pull out. He is going around the neighborhood telling stories about me now. I don't know what he is saying but it must be really bad because some neighbors turn there backs to me if I say hello or good morning. I have never had this happen before, not even in school. These are grown adults, I can't believe this is happening.

I'm so stressed out over this I forgot to ask your advise. Do I keep trying to talk to these neighbors even though I get the cold shoulder from all of them. I really am at my wits end, and I can't take it anymore. I feel like the wicked witch when I go out of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back