Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2016
Country
US
State
XO
So I have been getting treatment at a local clinic all this time; the last two times my regular doctor wasn't in, that's why I've had to see others.

I just found out that he is no longer there; he had apparently been fired for sexual misconduct with a patient, not the first time.

You know, he was a very warm, compassionate doctor. And I always did get a vibe that he was trying to be, IDK, a little too friendly. When speaking with me, he would sit on the bed right next to me, and stare intently into my eyes while we talked. But I thought it was just me, being a cold east-coaster : ) But he never actually did anything remotely inappropriate. He's even given me an abdominal exam when I had pain, but nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, he was the only one to tell me "I just want you to know that I believe you."

Feeling at a loss...this has been a rough week for me :(

Strange and disturbing. Glad you didn't have any problems, but sounds like your instincts may be right on point. Sorry to hear you have to break in a new doctor.

Thanks gryfalcon, hopefully I won't have to go through any others *nervous laugh*

I'm sorry you are going through this, it's always hard to go through something like this. It's such a big disappointment, specially because you respected the guy and he seemed to be a good doctor. But if he never behaved inappropriately towards you, then you should give him the benefit of the doubt... a lot people in the medical field have been victims of false accusations. I mean, heck, my friend who is a paramedic have told me his colleagues are afraid of being sued (sexual harassment) because that is not a rare thing to happen in the field. Sadly some people see evil where there is none... even those poor paramedics... So, don't feel so bad, if he never tried anything with you there is a huge chance the accusations are false... That would be awful though, because his reputation is ruined by now...

So creepy. I believe in the benefit of doubt but if you got a feeling something wasn't right it probably wasn't. sime people are hard to read and even harder when they say things we want to hear but do things that border on wrong. I had a doctor that I loved, he was kind and compasionate, looked at me when I spoke but he never invaded my Personal space nor did ever stare into my eyes. There is a difference in looking someone in the eye and staring into someone's eyes. kinda sounds like he was testing the water with you and you didn't bite so he didn't go any further.

No one can tell you how to feel, eventually your heart and mind will connect on their own. font worry about him, just take care of you.

Last edited:
Thanks Trellum, you are right, because nothing sexual did happen. Yet eyesup is right also about gut feeling.

From what I read, the most recent patient to complain said her first visit with him he seemed warm and compassionate, just held her hands. It wasn't until the 3rd that he got overtly physical and pulled out the "johnson" card.

I only had two visits, during which he just hugged me once, and the second held/rubbed my hands while trying to reassure me...so maybe that was the warm-up to the 3rd visit when he tries to get to home base?

If it was one complaint, I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as of now, the count is 3 patients.

So I am conflicted: because I was wanting to believe that I really did finally have a warm, kind and caring doctor, but I also wonder if I dodged a bullet. Either way, I lose :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back