Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
new jersey
Has anyone tried mucinex for fibromyalgia? Do you recommend it? Does it work? What was your experience with this treatment? I believe you're supposed to start with 300 mg. twice a day.

Are you serious? Mucinex is for clearing phlem--mucus-- say, when you have an upper respiratory infection.

Some people think the active ingredient - guaifensesin - can treat fibromyalgia. I think Oregon Health Sciences University did a year long study that found no measureable benefit from the treatment. That was a while ago, though, and there may be newer information now.

I think they've done studies that show it doesn't do much for coughs either.

I tried the Guaifenesin Protocol about 14 years ago. It was not effective for me. I went on it two times as the first round I realized a topical pain medication I was using had salicylates in it. You really have to research EVERYTHING you use including cosmetics. There is salicylates in many things like toothpaste, mints, and many body products. The second time I tried it clean of salicylates and I still had no benefit from it.

I have not tried it. Bi did research it and it stated you would feel worse before you fell better and I was in no condition to feel worse so I skipped over this treatment as I didn't find enough reassurance that it would work. I think if you want to try it you should. Everyone responds differently to different treatments. I may someday be willing to try it So let us know if you do and if it works for you.

Has anyone tried mucinex for fibromyalgia? Do you recommend it? Does it work? What was your experience with this treatment? I believe you're supposed to start with 300 mg. twice a day.

I had heard from a Dr. Whose fiance thathas FM used it for long road trips or traveling. Good luck theres a certian componant in musinex that helps.

What was the topical componant was in this?

Sadly there simply is no cure for fibro. The best we can do is manage pain levels, as well as the myriad of other trials we live through: fog, lack of sleep, flares, blah blah blah.

Good luck

I read about the Mucinex "cure" in "What your Doctor may not tell you about Fibromyalgia Fatigue" by R. Paul St. Amand. I discussed his program with my primary physician who encourages me to give it a try. I start today with 300 mg every 12 hours (twice a day) and (cut 600 mg pill in half with pill cutter). Supposedly I will get worse as it rids the body of phosphates and then you get better but have to continue with the Mucinex for life to keep the good result. I will let you know what happens. At this point, I have such pain and fatigue I don't see any reason NOT to try it as there supposedly are no side effects from Mucinex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back