cadwiz1

Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
Hi all,
I was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with Fibro but I didn't really believe that was what I had until now. this last couple of weeks has been hell! It started with a messed up knee. Saw the doc for that, had MRI and revisit him on Monday. Since then I have had a horrible pain in my hip also and when I wake up I feel like I have been hit by a bus (I am a school bus driver!) It finally got so bad I have to take of Friday. I was just in too much pain to drive for 6-7 hours. though the drive is broken up into 3 seperate routes it was still more than I could handle. The night before on my sports late run (5:15-8:15pm) I ended up using both feet to drive the bus. One on the gas and one on the brake. Not something you are supposed to do in a bus! Since I do it in my car all the time it is not a big deal for me. My right leg (the one with the bad knee and hip) just hurt too much to lift it up onto the brake. by the time I got home my entire body hurt and I had to take a percoset. I had to call my boss first and make sure she could cover my morning run. I get up at 4:30 and 6-7 hours sleep is not enough to get the percoset out of my system. (at least not enough to drive a bus full of kids) Ended up in pain the rest of the day and had to take another one later in the day. I wake up and I can't even make a fist, my hands hurt like hell. I lived with someone for 10 yrs who had fibro so I know the symptoms well. I am totally freaked out as I now live alone and have to pay the mortgage by myself and have no money put away. I live paycheck to paycheck and we don't have any short or long term ins at my job. I could easily lose everything if I can't get this under control.
I know this was a bit long winded but thanks for listening.

cadwiz1,
Welcome to the forum. We all feel your pain, not only the bodily pain, but the pain that comes with not being able to work. Sounds like you really enjoy the work you do. It is very hard to admit to yourself there are days when you just can not do it, and then to have to call your boss is sad.

I hope you take time to read all the back posts in the pain management section as there are many ways to help control your pain with and without medication. Please post more questions and join in answering other peoples questions as well.

Glad you found this forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back