Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
I have quit my job because I couldn't cope anymore. I thought I could take care of my health and get the rest I needed so desperately . My Husband is working more and even some weekends. If he doesn't work the over time then we live pay check to pay check. This illness doesn't stop taking from me! I wish I could just wake up from this nightmare. I want my life back!

I understand wanting your life back before it all started. I think we would all take that. Lived paycheck to paycheck all my life. I know nothing else, so can't help you there. Maybe you can find something to do from home to help with finances so your husband can be home some more. What are you good at? There are usually lots of odd jobs on craigslist to work from home as well - sewing, graphic design, etc. whatever you can do.

Thank you for your reply, I am going to look on craigs list. Do you do something on line? I haven't even thought of that I'll take a look thanks.

Hi there, Lana! So sorry to hear that! If I were you I'd try to find something that can be done at home, like for example transcription or tutoring. I think you could do great if you tried the transcription field. I heard it pays well, I might try it myself.

I know someone who did medical transcription and made $42,000 a year doing it at home. Lana, yes I do work at home. I run an online marketing business from home. I do websites, social media, SEO, inbound marketing, etc. I also speak at seminars on social media. Unfortunately, I can't go speak anymore. I have anxiety in the car driving anymore and it really sucks. And, my legs hurt too bad to stand that long. I am actually looking to possibly remarket. Social media and SEO are very intricate and ever changing. I don't feel good a lot anymore and catching up and learning constantly is taking a toll. My brain doesn't seem to work the way it used to. I may remarket my services to better fit my brain. We will see. I'm in a brainstorming, planning stage right now. At any rate, I am very good at what I do. I always wished I was good at sewing, crocheting, or something that was just relaxing and easy so I could create product and sell to friends, family, and ebay. I have so many business ideas it's nuts. I have a notebook full of them. Now, if I only had money to back them up. Ha!

Trellum Hi there! we gotta stop meeting like this, lol You are such a nice person, your always helping everyone. Thanks for being so kind. Anyways enough of this mushy stuff. what is transcription field? Trayne91 is advising me to do the same thing. By the way thanks Trayne91 for your advise. I am not good with computors at all. I actually type with one finger I hope speed isn't a factor. I would love to work at home but I don't know if I would qualify. How do I get in touch with them?

If your pain from fibro is actually getting in your way of work, wouldn't you qualify for disability benefits? I've always heard that if you have a legit physical/mental limitation that stops you from working [comfortably], then that's exactly what disability checks are for. Just a thought, but if your doctor can provide medical proof that you are indeed in pain and it's stopping your from making a living, you just may qualify. Not 100% sure about this, but maybe it's worth looking into..

Is there something you can get into on the side that would allow for a bit more comfort in your budget? Perhaps a work-from-home type job? I know in my area there are, for example, medical transcriptionist jobs in which you work from home with equipment that the company provides. Something like that may be worth looking into!

Lana, there are other things you can do, too. Sell stuff on ebay. Check craigslist for odd jobs - there is so much in the gigs section. Can you sew (clothes, adjust dresses/pants or crochet blankets, bonnets?), paint (small items and crafts/over graffiti)? bake - like cakes, virtual assistant, errand running, pet sitting/walking, tutor, music lessons, photography, and type of crafts, cut hair, list auctions on ebay (always jobs for this on craigslist), translator (if you speak another language), become a notary public, party planner... the list is endless. See what people need in your area.

I completely understand how you feel and relate to your situation. I have a lot of health problems, some diagnosed, others the doctors don't know what's wrong with me. I'm just tired all the time. Things have been getting worse, I have three children, all under 4 years old. Keeping up with them is hard enough, but on top of that I am also living paycheck to paycheck. My husband is always tired from work and can't help me with the kids. I do all the housework and take care of my kids. At the end of the day I'm too tired to do much else and barely have energy for a shower. My husband doesn't understand, he tells me to go to the doctor, but they do nothing for me. It feels like I'm all alone. His paycheck only covers some of the bills and we have no money for anything else. At least I have all boys, things can be passed down the line. I worked last year from home, I was pregnant, in pain and always tired. I don't know if I can do it again, but it seems like I may have too...I wish you the best. Times are hard, but it will get better. Just find something that makes you happy. Music works for me

Lana, I'm so sorry you were forced to quit your job. Did your job pay into social security? If so, you may qualify for benefits. I am still employed, but have not been able to work for the past two months. I have been the major bread winner of the family so I know how scary it can be with the loss of a significant portion of the family income. If you are physically able, the suggestions Trayne91 provided are a good place to start. Take care and hoping for the best for you and your family.....

Trayne91, I'm so curious about your pages of business ideas! Unfortunately, I'm not a self-made millionaire so can't back you up! ;-) But, I am curious....LOL

There are a lot of money making opportunities over the internet that you could explore. It might not be millions but it will help put something on the dinner table. Working at home is so much more relaxing. I just wish there was a section here for people like us where we can help each other find online jobs or ideas.

I am so sorry to hear about that, but like Josh says working from home can help in that way. Alternative medicines can also help you feel better I wish...

I lvie paycheck to paycheck too. yesterday I had to take a day of work as well, so I understand why fibro sufferers in general are averse to quitting their job. I in fact once built up a fund so that I could take some time off if I ever needed, but it's all gone now.

I have a colleague that just had to leave the front desk to a more quiet position, let's see how long she can stay on the job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back