Location of your pain? Where does I hurt most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pain is more of an all over pain. The worst is my lower back, legs , hips, shoulders, arms and headaches. The fatigue just makes them all worse.Makes it very difficult to function some days.Doing dishes takes longer than it ever has..... have to do a few and then take a break and sit. Just have to figure out how to do things in shifts...

You're absolutely right about breaking a chore down into manageable amounts Sweetpea. That's what I've been reading and hearing from other FM patients and that's how I feel too. Some days I take breaks and other times I try to push through the sleepiness/ fatigue. It's my biggest issue. Once I get into it, I just want to keep going until I am done. That just makes me more tired and achy too. So I'm trying to learn to take a chore/project and break it down into 15-20 minute sessions then get up, walk around, get something to drink, go to the bathroom, stretch, and I want to add a short time for meditation too. (That's about 15-25 minutes of limbering up and taking care of myself, which should make it easier to delve back into my project).

I never realised how much my legs hurt until recently they have become more painful even more so in my thighs.....
I seem to have noticed as well that it does change often and my knees are in a flare up at the moment....but the pain in my neck, shoulders and lower back is constant
Sorry to be moaning ..but it does get you down I hate taking all these painkillers and amiltriptalin spelt that wrong I think ! but I cant do without them just now.

I finally will get my appointment through for the pain clinic today ....at last...will see what they say.

Hope everyone else has a god week with as little pain as [possible my fingers are crossed for you all. xx

Opps meant a "good week " lol

I am in the UK B2005149 and am interested in how you get on at the pain clinic. Our meds seem to be different to those prescribed in the US for fibro. Good LUck

Hi the worst of my pain is lower torso, I sleep with 2 types of sleeping meds, but when I wake 10 to 12 hours later the pain is so bad for a couple of hours that I sometimes have a crying spell. i can function better for weeks sometimes, but mostly this is my routine, couple of hours in a bad way, struggle through the day and exhaustion after supper till bed!

Ugh! Ouch! Tylenolady. Those are awful dreams. I discovered what a bursitis is about 3 months ago. Mine is on my elbow and it comes and goes. Now that I know what it looks and feels like, I can tell there is a sort of liquid filled sac on either side of both knees too. It feels the same on both thumb and index finger tips but I don't think you can have bursitis there...can you?
Hope you're having a better day today.

Peace :)

I never realised how much my legs hurt until recently they have become more painful even more so in my thighs.....
I seem to have noticed as well that it does change often and my knees are in a flare up at the moment....but the pain in my neck, shoulders and lower back is constant
Sorry to be moaning ..but it does get you down I hate taking all these painkillers and amiltriptalin spelt that wrong I think ! but I cant do without them just now.

I finally will get my appointment through for the pain clinic today ....at last...will see what they say.

Hope everyone else has a god week with as little pain as [possible my fingers are crossed for you all. xx

Hi B2, Sorry to hear about that nasty pain. Do you ever get cramps in your thighs, calves, feet or toes?
Give us an update on your pain clinic appt. Let us know how it goes and what they do for you.

My shoulder hurts the most right now. It used to be my hip...

Hi ShanaEirin,
My pain moves around too! I never know where it will move next or how much its going to hurt this time. It's especially difficult when it moves to a body part you have to lay on because its harder to get to sleep and stay asleep. I hope your pain hurts less today.

Lower back, legs, hips, rib cage mostly but some days it seems like it's everywhere and I cannot STAND to be touched! I get a lot of headaches too. They make me nauseous. I get shots of steroids in my lower back and hips but they don't last long. Even lying in bed hurts and I have to constantly change positions. I bought a new king sized bed with a 4" memory gel foam topper. I bought a big Overland so I don't have to drop down into the car or pull myself up out of a car, I can slide right in and out. I buy and use Gator 60 second pain relief and their headache lotion as well. I have two heating pads and three bed buddies. My jeep is a year and a half old and has only 4000 miles on it, mostly put on from my daughter using it. I rarely go out and if I do, I make it fast because I get exhausted very easily. I'm 51 and feel like an old woman. My husband does almost all of the housework and has a resentment towards me but yet refuses to hire a woman to come in and do day work. This fibro and stenosis has ruined my life. I do 90% of my shopping on line now. I cook maybe twice a week. I don't even want to eat anymore.

That's an awful dream tylenolady. So sorry. Even if we do get sleep, sometimes we have bad dreams instead of calm, peaceful ones. I've just relearned something. Visualization. It is really helpful to a lot of people. Highly successful people do this. One visualization that I like to use is imagining a shaft of bright white light coming from the Heavens and shooting down into the top of my head (the crown) and out through each of the chakra points. There are 7 in all. This is a clearing exercise; receiving the Divine Light and Power to shine through us and clear us of all negative energies, like hate, anger, hurt, pain, jealousy, fear, etc. We can further imagine these negative energies leaving our bodies; being pulled from us and pushed out with the bright shafts of light shooting out through our chakras. We can also pray to Michael the Archangel to protect us from these negative energies and any negative entities that would want to harm us. Because he is capable of taking these toxic things and dissolving them, while we cannot; they are toxic to us. Having faith.
I know that this is new territory for many people but for me, having such a devastating disease, I'm willing to learn about chakras and how to clear them. What I paraphrased above was told to me by a Hopi Native American. She used Angel cards for a reading. It was very spiritual and enlightening. I don't know her very well, I didn't tell her my question as she shuffled her decks of cards, and she read the meaning of each card she laid out from the books that went to each deck. There is no sham; only learning and eventually growth and healing.

Hi DebC,
I'm sorry to hear you are going through such a terrible time right now. Try to think of something positive for each day and something you are grateful for. It will help you to see life isn't all pain and misery; which it isn't even for us. Even if its something like slept an hour longer last night or got out of bed today, got dressed today, able to lift cup to lips with one hand today, planned my day well and got two errands done today, etc. Little things count!
I hope you have a better day today!

I would say mine is my back most of the time. There's times hurts I can't even stand up straight from the pain. My second would be my hands and knees and my right hip which has bursitis. I know I can't walk far without feeling like my right leg is going give out from pain. I live with my dad who is 75 so I do a lot of the house work and lifting and moving everything. I usually hurt a lot by bedtime on most days

Hi Tylenolady - I have pain in all the key sites, but more recently it is my neck and shoulders that are very painful even when sitting ! also I have tingling in my upper arms and forearms but that has been very good recently, hardly noticing this, until last Friday, my hands went really numb one worse than the other.....it stayed with me for a few hours then receded a lot but in my left hand was with me until the next day...that is a new one on me. I have had some tingling in my feet and ankles before, but not paid much attention to this until I joined this forum.

Oh the joys of Fibromyalgia......oh and I finally got my appointment with the same consultant I saw privately, can see him on the NHS and its on 7th of Jan.... oh well only have to wait until just after Xmas now.

Sorry for all of you that are in as much pain and more than me and everyone else on here ....hope we can all try to make the best of it and it does not impact our Christmas holidays very much.

Take Care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back