Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Hi, I'm 20 years old and was diagnosed with fibro when I was 12 after 3 hospitalizations, a case of gastritis, mild encephalitis, and some confusing test results lol.

To be honest, I feel like it may still be a last-ditch diagnosis, or, since it is a syndrome, a diagnosis that doesn't quite incorporate all the causes and may be a secondary syndrome to a different condition.

I tested positive for mycoplasma when I first got sick, which supposedly can trigger neurological and autoimmune conditions.

Also, the fact that an MRI showed encephalitis(swelling of the brain) and a lesion in (i think) my gray matter doesn't quite seem to measure up with the diagnosis of just fibro. But there are a lot of things that are really confusing to me that doctors don't seem to care about or explain...to be honest, I'm quite fed up with how doctors treat this disease and the people who suffer it.

Anyway, another thing is I once tested slightly positive for Lyme as well, which I've been considering getting retested for.

Regardless, I think it will be nice to have support and input from people going through similar things. Hello all :)

Hi Bsjohnson. You are very young to be going through this. I am so sorry. It also sounds a bit inconclusive that you have had positive test results with no explanation.

Don't give up. I hope you have good family support. I have done a reply under Jordan 19 and struggling as he is a young guy looking for support from someone his age.

He started a blog but he has gone v quiet here and there. Maybe you could try making friends to help each other via his blog fibromystery. Take Care

Take heart. You seen to suffer from a variety of complications but still retain your fighting spirit. The battle begins and ends in your mind and thats what differentiates winners and losers. There are many people going through the same or worse situation and sampling the positive side of each day. Some arose from the doldrums to excel spectacularly like the nurse who developed tin U Comfort mattress. She was suffering from FM but saw beyond her circumstances and in due course recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back