Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
At the risk of sounding sorry for myself I find that I am just not in the mood for tomorrow. I envy my friends and family that are out and about and enjoying today and tomorrow with loved ones. My husband and I are alone today (by choice) but we are going to my daughters tomorrow to celebrate with her, her husband and my granddaughter. Thankfully they only live 10 minutes from me but just the thought of getting up, getting showered, packing up all the presents, stockings and food just wears me out. I did manage to get my contributions to the food made today and I desperately need a shower but am so tired I just can't do it. My butt and legs have been hurting for the last week or so and nothing I try seems to help the pain.
Also I had to put my cat that I have had for 17 years to sleep on Monday. The poor little guy was so sick he stopped eating. A friend of mine who knows a lot about cats came over Sunday night and looked him over and based on the symptoms he had she thought he might have been in the end stages of liver failure. He was so weak that after getting the injection he took him less than 10 seconds to die. I still have one cat left and I don't think I will get another one. To tired to keep up with a kitten and I don't want a senior cat for fear I will have him for a short while and will then have to put him down as well.

So in closings I just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my fibro friends. May peace and love be with you tomorrow and every day.

I understand how you feel. I actually had a spontaneous panic attack last night. It was a bad one and I haven't had a panic attack in maybe three years. Certainly not brought on by nothing in particular. But I think it was actually caused by subconscious dread and pressure to be happy and not negative for the upcoming holidays. I was in a lot of pain yesterday, and compared to yesterday the pain is better, but it's still severe. So I can understand why it seems difficult to suck it up and smile and be cheery while everyone else it seems get's a free pass to just be genuinely happy and carefree doing whatever they want without worrying about limits. Regardless of that, I told myself I was going to think positive and not let those thoughts or panic attack get in my way. I used my coping techniques (talking to a friend, writing in a journal, meditating with my crystals) to take my mind off of it.

I'm sorry about the loss of your cat. I've lost a dog but I've never experienced having to put an animal down so I can't imagine what that must be like. I imagine it's in the best interest of the animal though. I have a friend who's going through making that decision now. If right now you don't feel it's the time to get another cat that's your call. Take your time and think about it. Do what your heart says. Don't rush and make any decisions.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Enjoy your Holidays :)

You made the right decisíon about Kitty and i know you have been struggling with putting him to sleep or not...he is at peace now and i hope when you wake up Christmas day is better than you thought. Remember its just one day but i understand it is very hard watching every one else enjoying the holidays without seeming to have any significant cares in the world.

My adult son is holidaying abroad with his father and i know he will actually have a better Christmas there as it will be chaotic and Merry with lots of activities.. and a long lazy week away at the beach for New Year .

I cant provide any kind of atmosphere like that and am lucky to gradually get my presents bought online and wrapped bit by bit over several days. Cooking lunch and then sitting around is the best i can offer...so i understand your feelings...but at the same time i am grateful my son has such a normal and stimulating environment as an alternative.

Merry Christmas Tipbill and all the fibro warriors on the this forum.May 2017 bring better times better treatments and better understanding for us all!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back