Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hmm, we can't reach this page.
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: Help with Fibromyalgia | Forum and Support Group
Refresh the page
Search for what you want

This is not exactly what I was seeing but what I was seeing and copied is not what is here now. In other words I've been getting trouble with the webpage here until I changed browsers.

So that's that. I checked my email and had over 1800 emails. Does anyone know how long it takes to delete 1800 emails if one considers just looking at them before checking the delete button? I'm down to about 900 plus and I hear going back to find that 300 came back. I really do HATE EMAIL! It's not that those who offer email couldn't make it more user friendly; they WANT you to check everyone because staying on their site means bucks ( $$$$ )

My trip north was delayed to have all of these new tests that were ordered because of findings that were unexpected.

My PCP doc pretended to listen to my complaints and after looking at the tick bites that I complained about she said: Okay then; see you in 6 months" I wrote an email to her nurse and to the patient advocate. They had me back and she orgered a full spine MRI the VA has the latest greatest MRI which even has a device that allows you to look down your whole body in the tube past your toes to the tech's in the room where they are pressing buttons.

MRI's don't bother me. I make them an exercise in mediation. The whole body MRI took about 2.5 hours. The next day close to 5 PM I got a call from the doctors nurse telling me that there were area's of concern that had nothing to do with my spiine except for on mass on my cervical spine. But it seems that the MRI see's what it see's and it saw " masses " on my Thyroid and salivary glands that " may be benign or malignant " So they ordered 4 ultra-sounds and a cat scan with and without contrast " I've had that in the past but this time I felt weird when they pumped the iodine into my veins. The weird feeling finally passed and I was waiting to hear from the doctor. Here it was again another Friday and I heard nothing. I spent 2.5 hours calling and finally got someone who read 2 letters that the doctor sent to me. "LETTERS"??? And the letters said basically the same thing that the MRI's said: masses that may be benign or malignant.

Did I mention that I put off my trip to NC? I'm now delayed 2 weeks and it sure seems that the doctors do not hear any of that or if they do they do not care. So now they want to schedule appointments with Endocrinology, ENT, and a SPINE surgeon; no mention of Rheumatologist

Can anyone relate to how and why I am upset?

My head is spinning and I'm angry! Nurse Wratchit can't understand why I am mad. She doesn't even have a phone number for the clinics for further testing.

I WANT A VACATION!

Hi Vangogh,

They probably want to take care of the " masses" first since that is priority.I understand that you wanted them to try to diagnose other things like Lyme disease or Fibromyalgia and refer you to a Rheumatologist.But they might have to further investigate the lumps or masses in your Thyroid region.
Many people have Thyroid nodules and they can be benign.There are some that can also be malignant but they would need a biopsy to confirm that.

Hopefully they will be benign, and then you can tell them that you still want to see a Rheumatologist due to your symptoms.If they don't listen, find another doctor who will.I had some Thyroid nodules,and they were benign.Thyroid cancer has a high cure rate which is also a positive note.

Try not to get frustrated because it will only make your symptoms worse.We all lose are patience sometimes. It takes time unfortunately for the system to work for us.
It's even harder for us with the Fibromyalgia because the physicians that specialize in this area are few and far between.

I hope everything works out for u.

Good luck,

Sagey

Van Gogh, with regard to email:

First, you can set your SPAM filter to the highest setting. That will make all the spam emails go to a spam folder that you can simply delete all at once.

The other thing you can do, is simply open a new email account. Then, in that email account, set the spam filter to the highest setting and tell everyone from whom you actually want to receive emails to send them to the new address. You can do this by sending out an eamil all at once to everyone from whom you want to get emails.

Then, check your spam folder every time you go to your email, so that you keep it mostly empty of spam. That way, if something you actually want to get, gets sent there accidentally, you can see it.
Check your email at least once a week, preferably more often than that.

If you do these things you will never have 1800 emails.

Van Gogh, with regard to email:

First, you can set your SPAM filter to the highest setting. That will make all the spam emails go to a spam folder that you can simply delete all at once.

The other thing you can do, is simply open a new email account. Then, in that email account, set the spam filter to the highest setting and tell everyone from whom you actually want to receive emails to send them to the new address. You can do this by sending out an eamil all at once to everyone from whom you want to get emails.

Then, check your spam folder every time you go to your email, so that you keep it mostly empty of spam. That way, if something you actually want to get, gets sent there accidentally, you can see it.
Check your email at least once a week, preferably more often than that.

If you do these things you will never have 1800 emails.

I do appreciate the suggestions. It might help to add to my post that I use this particular address as my " go to " address whenever I am asked to provide an email address and I am not sure I want to use the one that comes to my cell phone. This address is so Old that Al Gore assigned it to me when he invented the internet. LOL It's an AOL address if that tell you anything but I still check it from time to time just in case some of my old "CHAT" buddies decide to find me. Even that gives me pause....do I really want to go back to those days?

Hi Vangogh,

They probably want to take care of the " masses" first since that is priority.I understand that you wanted them to try to diagnose other things like Lyme disease or Fibromyalgia and refer you to a Rheumatologist.But they might have to further investigate the lumps or masses in your Thyroid region.
Many people have Thyroid nodules and they can be benign.There are some that can also be malignant but they would need a biopsy to confirm that.

Hopefully they will be benign, and then you can tell them that you still want to see a Rheumatologist due to your symptoms.If they don't listen, find another doctor who will.I had some Thyroid nodules,and they were benign.Thyroid cancer has a high cure rate which is also a positive note.

Try not to get frustrated because it will only make your symptoms worse.We all lose are patience sometimes. It takes time unfortunately for the system to work for us.
It's even harder for us with the Fibromyalgia because the physicians that specialize in this area are few and far between.

I hope everything works out for u.

Good luck,

Sagey

Today I meet with ENT. Tuesday the stick my throat with a needle.

By Friday I want to be in NC

��It will work out !

I'm on my phone in a truck riding so apologize for texting. Keep Your Chin Up!!

Support is always appreciated, so thanks to all for your thoughts and wellness wishes.

Did DisOrder contributes to other Dis Eases? I think that the possibility is greater than we know.

While in my mothers home where I have for years maintained a living space with clothing and " stuff " that I have collected over the years. Slowly, very slowly I am throwing things out but I admit that it is not easy to " let go " of " my stuff ". Symbolically I think that there are a myriad of connections to pain, illness, suffering, and at times fond memories.

Instead of just gathering bundles of things and tossing them I take my time and look through them often re-Membering pieces of my life from other times.

I see lots of reasons and connections. I understand my self much better than most other people understand me which is not to say that I can't learn from others however the pieces of stuff that I hold on to holds way more information than most other people see or understand so it is so easy for them to tell me to " just dump it ".

This stuff was never a struggle for me but has almost always been an issue with family how more often than not ignore it.

I don't know what to do with it all now and now for the first time I see a connection between IT and my Dis Ease. I can and do imagine having someone else who is interested enough in me and in the reasons why I have this particular stuff that it could help me to let it go. But I can't find someone, anyone who is willing and capable of talking about stuff that is not in the general flow of consciousness that has now been labeled as " fake news ". I'm capable of talking about it but I wonder why?

Sometimes I think about going back to college not so much for a degree or a better job but to be exposed to a different way of looking at life and talking about subjects that most of the population seem not to be interested in.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back