Not open for further replies.

DawnMS

Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
Hi everyone. Very thankful I have found this forum. Just a little history on me. I was diagnosed with FM in February of this year. Shortly after that came the diagnosis of CFS and IBS. I was off work before I was diagnosed and was forced to return to work.

My doctor took me off work again in June. Since June I have received additional medical issues of severe diabetes, advances degenerative disc disease, and severe arthritis. In addition they found a 5 cm cyst on my right adrenal gland that they are recommending removal of the entire gland as well as one of the same size on my left ovary/Fallopian tube.

To the absolute shock of every doctor I have seen I was denied long term disability just this past week. I am appealing the decision but in the meantime have no income.

Welcome..you are not the only Canuck here. Hopefully we can help each other with our wonderful Canadian health care..let alone disability..your best bet with disability (if affordable) is a lawyer...or here you have no income pay a lawyer to help ya right...I know a woman with fibro who got disability only because her info she gave the govt may have been compromised....they approved a lot of people last winter just because of that..she had already been denied but without going to a tribunal they just approved her..so not sure how it works...my dr won't sign my papers until I jump some more hoops.

I am not sure what I hate more, the pain of this disease or the utter loneliness and helplessness I feel. Since I have been denied my disability claim I have been laid off from my job of 24 years. They actually let me know 12 days after the fact. I have zero funds and now they have cancelled my medical benefits until my appeal is heard. There have been people put in place to help me with my appeal however I don't trust them at all. No one really understands what we go through on a day to day basis. I have spent 2 1/2 days defending the decision of my doctor and getting stuff prepared for my appeal that I have made myself sick and holed up in bed and the bathroom. It is exhausting and depressing.

I have decided to make a call to a lawyer and see if there is something I can work out with them. Sadly I do feel my life is at risk if I am forced to return to work at this time

The lawyer is your best bet. Sad but true. I find it appalling that in order to get money you have paid into you have to fight for it. Our govt should be ashamed. There are funds available in the form of social assistance but I'm not sure about qualifying ..keep going I know it's a struggle but they want you to just give up .Dont. It will pay off in the long run.
Try to be as informed as you can. Keep track of day to day pain there is a pain chart online try google search for living with fibromylagia it's a Canadian lady she has a downloadable form...
Sorry not posting a link just trying to help. That's for administration ..
Good luck. Keep posting

Thanks I will. Trying to accept the friend request but I may be too new to. I know they are trying to make me give up. I have my moments of weakness but they did mess with the wrong person. Once I am done this appeal I am determined to work to have this disease recognized and educate the misinformed in what this is like. I plan on starting a support group (in person like AA) for people in my city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back