Hey there Insomniacs! ASMR to help you sleep - Anyone heard of it or used it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terbaer

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
WA
ASMR = Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a neologism for a perceptual phenomenon characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation in the head, scalp, back, or peripheral regions of the body in response to visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, or cognitive stimuli.

I watched Dr. Oz today and they talked about using ASMR to aid in sleep/relaxation. Being a curious person by nature, I googled it and found a plethora of YouTube videos on it. So of course I had to watch a few of them. It's interesting and worth trying to help me sleep. I thought it worth sharing with you. Have any of you heard of it? Have any of you used it?

For those of you who hadn't heard of it, it was suggested that if you can't sleep, you watch and listen to ASMR videos. The soft spoken words and the different sounds they use are supposed to relax and tingle your brain on down your spine. Some were better than others. I think it would take a little bit to determine which of the video(s) worked for each individual. Check it out and let me hear your feedback! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back