Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
New Jersey
For the last two years of going to different doctors and feeling like I was seeing the wrong doctors, since I wasn't only diagnosed with this but I was also diagnosed with Diabetic neuropathy, which honestly I did expect being a diabetic for so long. My symptoms were much different when I first became sick I had tremors and I was sent to a horrible neurologist who ran tests yes but couldn't find an answer or tell me the truth and I gave up and saw a different doctor who told me I had both but I didn't want to believe what I was hearing or understand how could someone have both. So I saw another doctor who sat me down and tried to explain it but I still didn't want to believe it... but until I had a discussion with my medical Dr who is also handling my pain management. I ran out of perocet over the weekend and this morning my entire neck was so hot to the touch my partner thought I had a fever, but I told her that I was ok it was just I had to get to the doctor but anyways I talked to him about this symptom and he basically told me that it was the fibromyalgia issues that I was having. I know for the last year I have 4 bulges in my neck and nothing has worked but to really hear that all of this is why I am so miserable really is hard to take in. Which I am sure a few of you understand where I am coming from. He also told me that no matter what I do I will be on these narcotics for the rest of my life which I am so scared about. I just wish there were other options for this (Yes I am on muscle relaxers and I received many side affects by Lyrica).
So basically that's my story and I really need support to take this all in, because I do have two children and my 1 child doesn't even remember when Mom was well. So I know there is going to be a rough road ahead but making some new friends here would be great too. Thanks

JWatson1979,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your having a rough time of it having fibro, as well as, being diabetic and having diabetic neuropaty. Keeping the symptoms of each separate and managing the side effects from the medications has too be a real headache and nerve-racking. I hope that by reading the different topics here you might find some ways that you can deal with some symptoms in more natural ways.

One of the biggest things that makes fibro worse is stress and anxiety. They can make you fearful and make your heart race and make you very sad and depressed. So if you can tone down those feelings by pampering you, then you may be able to tone down the pain as well. I think the most of us were in shock and lacked the understanding of the condition in the early stages. We had hoped whatever it was there would be a pill that could cure it and life would be normal again, but sadly fibro is not clear cut and there is no cure for it at this time.

But if you learn symptom management you will take control of your life and your conditions. All to often we sit back and let the doctors completely rule the day, which by the way makes us feel useless and depressed. But by reading the posts on this site you will gain knowledge on how others deal with symptoms and use normal household items or alternative measures to combat the pain and anxiety.

Hope to see your posts as you read about the forum and join in with questions and sharing your opinions. This forum is a great place to make new friends as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back