Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
Bombay
Hi friends,
I would be selfish If I do not share what I have gone through the previous month through spiritual learning and yoga, since I got to know about this ailment. Kindly don't take it as preaching. If you are impatient just scroll down to the last paragraph.

a) Negativity is a force we gather though our past and present experiences and environment. We take it for granted what it means to be "spiritual" and misconstrue the knowledge we get from our religions for the same. Our body is one with the rest of the world, but we don't know this. we send out vibrations and frequency every time we think. breathing is our life force that keeps us alive and our conscious soul is what gives us energy and willpower. They say that we have not fully explored the powers of our human mind. Negative thinking leads to our energy inside our body also to be affected. we get into depression. our cells want fresh air. This week don't accept unhappiness/negativity from anyone. Take happiness and give happiness. That should be the motto.

b) according to yoga there are various chakras within our body and blockage to any of these leads to block of flow of energy from the mind to the body down the spine. These thoughts effect our energy field within the body and we should be able to rejuvenate our cells to feel better. If you have a spiritual "guru", yoga teacher or someplace where you can learn breathing meditation, do that, else go down to point c.

c) try any of these breathing techniques for a week and we can compare notes:
- sit either in yoga sukhasana position or on a chair with your hands at knees, turned outwards and spine erect, shoulders comfortable. close your eyes. Focus within your body. take a deep breath and exhale through the mouth very slowly with a "haaa" sound. do this three times.
- If you know the chanting of "om", chant it three times
- continue the breathing in a rhythm. go into meditation for 20-25 minutes. Let the thoughts come! do not suppress the thoughts. If you feel negative, burn an aroma candle before hand and think of your spiritual god if you have one. (caution: do not fall asleep, do this before eating dinner/breakfast and not just before you sleep) Let tears fall if they need to. you will feel lighter afterwards.

I find this very interesting. It's a good technique that everyone can use for stress related issues. When you are dealing with pain, stress is always a factor. I just have a question. The technique you mentioned, why can we not do it before bed? That is the only time I have for myself. Will something negative result from doing it at bed time? Seems like a good way to relax to go to sleep. I ask this because I suffer from insomnia. Thank you for passing on this helpful information.

I just have a question. The technique you mentioned, why can we not do it before bed? That is the only time I have for myself. Will something negative result from doing it at bed time? Seems like a good way to relax to go to sleep. I ask this because I suffer from insomnia. Thank you for passing on this helpful information.

Hi Mowmow,
Its a relevant question that I asked my teacher as well. Breathing is what we do naturally every day and meditation needs to be done consciously. Deep breathing rejuvenates the cells and provides a lot of energy in the body. Infact there are some breathing exercises not mentioned here that literally flood the body with energy and make you hyper active which in turn don't let you sleep and relax. so maybe that's why you should avoid deep breathing, because sleep is a time for rest of the body, activity should be avoided. If possible try to do this at least a couple of hours before sleeping and best is early morning. Avoiding stimulants like tea and coffee help the body to regain its natural rhythm of sleep and rest.
There is another theory that says the morning time, fresh rays of sun hit our body and fill you with positivity as opposed to night time which makes you gloomy and negative, so its more beneficial to do this in the morning.
Bests

I have always found things like this interesting, because a lot of the time it will be the things that we discover ourselves rather than those that are prescribed that will ultimately make the most difference in our lives. It is great that you have shared this, and I will be sharing the link with a few people who I know if you don't mind. This condition is so poorly understood that we need to do anything in our power to help other people who are going through the things that we are, if we ever get the chance to do so. So I must thank you again for posting, and I wish you the best of luck!

Gemma, I'm glad you find this of help. Hope it has the intended effect.

Ah! Thank you for the reply. That does make a lot of sense. I do have trouble relaxing to go to sleep. It is probably my high caffeine intake during the day. I need a lot of coffee just to function. I will definitely give this a try after weaning the caffeine out of my system. Thank you for the helpful information!

Good information, thanks for sharing it here in the community. I will take your example and will prove it. Perhaps help me with stress, I have faith in that. I pass to make it when I have time, so I relax more and also share it with my friends. My greetings.

Thanks for sharing, I would love to try it, but I am not sure I can meditate for 25 minutes. I might really try it, the people around me have a very negative energy and they never fail to bring out the worst of me. I must admit I let them affect my mood and in return I start having very negative thoughts. Thanks for your post, it really made me realize I need to change. Just today I was thinking of trying to find a way to relax.

Hi Dariel,
The more people who help you with this, the better it is. the good vibes help.
Dear Trellum,
Thanks for reading through and you are always very helpful with your comments on the forum. If 25 minute doesn't seem to happen, aim for less in the beginning.. the process is such that we delve further and further into the layers of our subconscious every time time we try meditating. no two days will be alike. Its like a cleansing.
Love!

BombayMum, Thank you for sharing this. I am going to try it. I have been really working on positive energy. I was going to a physical therapist that taught me relaxation meditation, breathing through the belly to relax my mind and body to help me sleep....

In fact, Mowmow, you may want to try it....The skinny on it is to take deep breaths from the belly as you focus on relaxing your body (slowly) from the top to bottom of your body. Just focus on say, your face, jaw, the shoulders....relax your face and let the tension go.....(deep breath in through belly, slowly blow out) as you start feeling that part of your body relax, move down your body, include your arms to your fingers, and focus on releasing the tension in that part of your body, etc., on down your back and legs and feet....I had a hard time just doing it myself so I have a CD she made of her talking me through the relaxation techniques. In fact, I should pull my iPod back out and use it again. I've had major insomnia lately. Awake til 4-5:30 a.m., then fitfully sleep until 10:30 or 11:00 a.m.

I think there are some relaxation audio's on the web you could probably find if you can't relax yourself. Heck, I'd be happy to send you a copy if you wanted. Just PM me and I'll make you a copy. I like hers because she has quiet music and a soothing voice. Just put your earbuds in and put the CD/iPod, or whatever you use and as you find yourself getting almost asleep, then turn it off. I usually play it continuous and have found I've fallen asleep and just pull the buds out of my ears rather than trying to find the off button....Let me know if you'd like a copy.... :)

I think it's a fabulous idea for you. You should definitely do it and tell us all how it turns out. Wish you the best of luck with it, God Bless You! :D

My mom is trying to get me to do that . The breathing and closing off your mind to the outside world. It has helped her quite a bit.

Thanks! This is an interesting idea from you. Thank for sharing it. I will do it, the breathing exercise.

I tried it today, and it was really good, thanks for sharing the idea.

BombayMum, Thank you for sharing this. I am going to try it. I have been really working on positive energy. I was going to a physical therapist that taught me relaxation meditation, breathing through the belly to relax my mind and body to help me sleep....

Hi, I'm glad to hear this. breathing through the belly sounds interesting. you take deep breaths through the belly? I have a technique too but I don't know if its same. its called a yogic breath and creates a breath wave in the body. Is this technique something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back