Not open for further replies.

nana65

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hello everyone,I am Nana. I am new here. Happy to find someone that can understand what we all go through. My daughter also has fibro. If there is anything good about this is that we can support each other. I hope to make new friends here and help anyone if I can. I am a Christian and I do depend on God everyday to help me cope with all the ugly faces that fibro can have. So far He has not let me down.:grin:

Re: New here.

Hi. I'm Nana too. And my daughter was just recently diagnosed with fibro also. I walk with God daily and He is the only way to live with this illness.

Spirituality, a positive attitude and resilience are definitely important assets and traits to not overcome, but endure this awful illness. Here, here.

Hello everyone,I am Nana. I am new here. Happy to find someone that can understand what we all go through. My daughter also has fibro. If there is anything good about this is that we can support each other. I hope to make new friends here and help anyone if I can. I am a Christian and I do depend on God everyday to help me cope with all the ugly faces that fibro can have. So far He has not let me down.:grin:

Hello Nana,

My mother and I both have fibromyalgia as well. As you said the one good thing is the support. We were talking yesterday about a devotional called Finding Father, in one chapter you are encouraged to kick any idols our of your life.

We were discussing how sickness can be an idol. So we set a goal to start focusing daily on kicking the idols out of our life concerning obsessing about our illness and being healed from our illness.

One of the daily exercises we came up with is:

Journal about anything and ask God any question you would like so long as it is not the most pressing issue in your life.

And we also apply that to our conversations. Yesterday we tried having a conversation without talking about our illness.

Hello and welcome to the forum. You and your daughter are lucky in a way from the standpoint of having someone to talk with and supporting each other through all the ups and downs this illness can produce. I have had Fibromyalgia for over 15 years. Mostly dealing with pain and inflamation, but other totally weird symptoms as well. One such experience was my vision, I was at work cleaning a house and I happened to look down at the carpet and saw bright blue big bird tracks across the floor and up a wall and on the ceiling. I thought at first someone was playing a joke on me with a projecter. But nothing could be found and I realized it was my eyes. It only lasted a short time but that was enough time to make me think something was really wrong. But as I have learned anything can happen. Just don't panic unless the condition does not improve in a short time. You can imagaine what it was like for me explaining that to my eye doctor. Lucky for me he was good natured about the whole thing and he did not call me crazy. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back