Not open for further replies.

Indianagal

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IN
Hello, I don't post very much on this site and see there are many new ones to the site since I last checked in. I was diagnosed with fibro over 2 years ago. I recently have been trying to get rid of a rash I have. It is on the palms of my hands and on the bottom of my feet. Does anyone else suffer from this sort of rash? I have had it for a few months now and it started out like blisters. I did a little research and found an article that there is something called a fibro rash....does anyone know anything about this? I hope some of you here can help me.

Hi there, longtime no see and I have missed you. Do you think it is an allergy or maybe fungus, or excema? I suppose you have tried many different products. Have you visited a skin doctor or your regular doc to find out what it might be? Try antifungal sprays and if that does not help, try some cocoa butter creme. I have been using the Queen Helene brand for my excema and it is healing up. you can find it on line under that name. I found it in a dollar store.

Let me know how your doing. :)

Or bag balm.. It has an antiseptic in it I have been using for anything and everything on us and our animals for years..

Thanks for your replies Sweed @ Trfielder,

Sweed I wish I could say I am doing okay but have been really struggling. I haven't had health benefits for over a year so am only seeing my neurologist when I absolutely have to. I am going to see a regular GP next week as need a new script for blood pressure medicine I take. So will ask about this rash. I have no idea what it is but had it last time I needed a new script and the doctor gave me penicillian which cleared it up but then it came back. So perhaps it is fungal, I'll see what this doctor says next week.
As for my fibro, it is an ongoing struggle. I wake up each morning in such a fog, my lower back hurts, my legs hurt....finding it really difficult to get around. And then to top it off have been more depressed than usual with alot of anxiety. I probably need a change in medication and will talk to the doctor I am seeing next week as well.

When you are younger and don't have this sort of disease you think about retirement and all you will be able to do. Now that I have had to take an early retirement I wonder most days is this as good as it gets. And if so I really don't have a lot to look forward to. My greatest fear is that I am going to end up in a wheelchair which is a real possibility.

I had my Social Security disability hearing a little over 2 weeks ago and so I am really hoping I get approved. I took an early retirement in January from the postal service and asked it be changed to disability retirement as I found out if I get approved for the disability retirement then they will reinstate my health insurance which I desperately need.

Last time I saw my neurologist he said he thought my fibro was getting better. It isn't better so kind of pissed off at him for saying that. But think he only said that as I was trying to get him to help me with a worker's comp case and although he was very helpful 2 years ago and seemed like he would help in the future he did say he has since changed his mind and can not be of any help any longer.

I am going to be looking for a new doctor to treat my fibro, and it seems like many see a rheumatologist. Know I didn't spell that right. So have been told I would know about my disability retirement by the end of January and hopefully I will know soon about SSD. As soon as I am able I will find a new doctor and can only think my meds need to be tweaked or changed. I am currently taking Cymbalta 120 mg and 200mg of lyrica a day.

I suffered from this for a while, I supposed it was caused by a medication I was taking. Does it itch? If it does it could just be an allergy, mine lasted for months until I stopped taking that dang medication. Some meds can do that, you know? I got something similar with plantago, but not very bad, so I keep taking it. This tiny rash is over my hands.

I am not sure as I haven't taken anything new this year. Funny thing is that it is on the palms of my hands in the same exact area and in the middle of the soles of my feet and on my ankles. It does itch and so been putting a cortisone cream on it which helps...just want it to heal over and go away:) I will talk to the doctor next week, perhaps another regiment of penicillian will do the trick.

Is there a fibro rash of sorts? Does anyone know or has anyone ever heard of it?

As far as I know there is no what you would call fibro rash. Just because you have fibro, does not mean you can not come down with other symptoms that have nothing to do with fibro. You might be allergic to a food or even a household product. Are you using a new hand cream or foot cream? It sort of sounds more like a fungus and you might try spraying anti-fungus spray on it, or it could be excema like I have on my feet, but not on the underside. Hope your doctor can steer you in the right direction. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back