Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2012
Country
CA
State
ON
i am 49 yet I feel 79 this really is taking a toll on my body. Do you feel older then what you are?

To answer your ? Yes yes yes.
But spending time with Grandchildren help me move, and when I move I feel younger. My family tells me I need to exersize alllll the time. There are days I feel better than others.
I need to loose weight, I've gained at least 40 lbs. Which slows me down. Hope you have better days ahead.

I'm only 27, but I feel 20 years older sometimes. It is kind of embarassing when old age pensioners are practically striding past you on the street in comparison!

But the way I see it is that age is only a number. It is your mentality and experience and maturity that counts, not whether you need mobility aids or not. I am used to being seen as older than I actually am, especially in my teens and early 20's, due to my mentality. But feeling physically older... that was a new experience for me. It is just another thing to accept with chronic pain/fibro.

I just gotta remember that I am who I am. Life is what you make it. And to hell with appearances. If I wanna watch Spongebob, I will! Lol! :p

I think once we accept this syndrome/disease there can be more peace about it, but I never give up trying to find things that help and make it easier to live better, live more of this life.

I've had that "Old" feeling for many years! I think perhaps at times I feel worse than my 84 year old mom! Today was a "creaky" day for me. Fortunately I was able to kick back and take it easy. Sometimes I just have to push through-as I'm sure you do too.

Funny, I knew someday I'd have to slow down, but thought I'd be a lot older when that happened!

Many blessings

Yes I feel 80 most days and 90 at night

Guys I was feeling like that, but now I'm back on my meds and feeling so much better because I finally figured out what was BOTHERING me all this time. It's not the diagnosis, but my stubborn headed Im-an-independent-woman thing I had going on in my head. I refused to be DEPENDENT upon anyone or any one thing...
I stopped my meds about 3 months ago and wanted more testing done, and in the meantime my body was swelling like a balloon. Even the fat guy at work commented (lol...last year i weighed in at 125 lbs and im at 164 now- and only 5.5").
Ya, i went even to a hand surgeon - HIS IDEA WAS TO OPERATE WHILE IM AWAKE- HAHAHAHAHAH . OK Mr. FrankenStein! ...so i sulked back to my doctor this week. DAY 2 ON CELEBREX CYMBALTA, and Tylenol 3 and Flexeril (muscle relaxant when it's really bad)...and i no longer feel bloated. Im down to 160 lbs (-4lbs in 2 days!) Hope this helps someone somehow.
I know it's a lot to deal with cause i have fibromyalgia and both osteo and rheumetoid arthritis... and who knows what's coming. But, let's face it head on and deal with it on it's own terms. I feel worse at night too so that's when i pop the meds. I just want to be able to extend all of my fingers and toes and go jogging again and ride my bike and work and keep my mom at home with me till she passes....so that's my incentive.

I'm 50. My body thinks I'm 80, but my brain still feels 30 when it's not foggy....I love to be silly and goofy. My friends and I used to wrestle just cuz. And yes, I'm a woman. My friends I wrestle with are 32 and 40 and we love life. After my heart attack at 49, my hubby told me I had to stop wrestling. One day I got knocked into the door and had a wallup of a bruise because of the blood thinners I was on. Well, I'm not on blood thinners anymore, but haven't felt up to wrestling lately. I haven't had the opportunity to hang with those friends like we used too. I vow to wrestle around again some day! :)

I'm 31 but my body usually feels about 80. I always feel achy, when I stand up I do the hunched over for a second before stretching to a full stand thing... at 31 years old! I feel pitiful to watch. I live by ice and heat packs and stretching but my physical therapist says I need to get to strengthening in order to progress past my back pain. And I don't know how much of my back pain is "dysfunction" from years of poor posture vs if its fibro pain. But I, too, feel much older than I am. It's so hard to hear my grandfather say repeatedly "at 84 years old, I don't have an ache or pain in my body".... ugh, if only I could feel pain free again!
I wish you luck and hope you have better days soon. Try heat, ice, stretching, get physical therapy if possible, do yoga or tai chi (studies on Tai Chi being done at Tufts in Boston), I'm hearing a lot about Epsom salt baths. When all else fails I do sometimes take flexeril, a muscle relaxer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back