Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Oh
My pain by the afternoon and evening is getting more severe. Anything I need to accomplish I have to get done by at least 4 pm. Now, I have a weird sensitivity to touching certain textures, especially rough, dry materials like towels. I have no idea if this is related but it is making me feel like I am crazy. Has anyone ever experienced this sensitivity to touch and does this fibro pain ever subside because I am in tears almost every night with it! Thanks.

When I have a flare up my skin does become more sensitive. There have been times when the tops of my feet burned, like after you touch a really hot pan in the kitchen. Anything that contacted the skin made the burning worse. I couldn't bear the touch of socks or sheets. I had to sleep with a fan blowing on my feet!

I my case the over-sensitivity eased up as I learned to manage my condition. Don't worry, you are not crazy! Fibromyalgia is all about central nervous system sensitization. Your spinal column and lower brain are acting acting like an amplifier for all the nerve impulses coming in, even the background noise, and interpreting it as pain.

If your symptoms are getting worse it may be a sign you are doing too much. Pacing is really important in managing fibromyalgia.

Same here, my skin seems to be sensitive in certain areas when I am having a flare up... most of the time it's a random spot in my legs or arms. It's never the same spot, sometimes I also experience a warm sensation in certain areas. I lalways thought it was odd, because I started to experience those odd sensation on my skin when I was just 13 years old or even younger.

Me to under my upper arm gets so sore I walk around with my arms out like I'm drying a tan lol

I have the opposite actually, and my nervous sensitivity is very low, except for a brief period of about 15-30 minutes after waking up, then all my touch sense just go numb.

I wish they were more sensitive actually, although I wouldn't want to be in your position as it sounds very uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back