Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1995
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
I am new to the group and am hoping to learn and share!
After having fibro for many years and coping the best I can I have just been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. BONUS. Anyone out there with any suggestions who may have the same issue?

Hi Janie! Welcome! I'm new too. I've been recently diagnosed with Fibro and one of my best friends were recently diagnosed with RA - so I have some understanding of them both separately but not together, I'm sorry. From what I've read a lot of the symptoms are shared, right? How're you feeling?

I'm new also! Got a Dx of fibro and UCTD a few years ago, UCTD is an autoimmune connective tissue disease (ACTD) in the same family as lupus sle, sjogren's, etc... But It lacks fitting into a nice diagnostic box and has symptoms from multiple other ACTDs, so it is called "undifferentiated." Some people's resolves spontaneously, mine is treated with meds (plaquenil) and currently starting to flare again, right while I'm trying to switch rheumatologists. About 1/3 of people with it eventually have it turn into a specific ACTD condition. Since have added more possible conditions and diagnoses on top of these as well. Not quite the same as RA, but in the same family!

I have it the opposite way around- I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis years ago but just got the fibro diagnosis. The work in similar ways, but are independent of each other, which was confusing at first and sometimes still is. If you have a bad flare up, rest, but when you can be moderately active, get up again. As they tell me... move it or lose it! Keep working as long as you can, but make accommodations for yourself. No one can understand you as much as you. In the end though, don't worry too much about everything that is new and needs to be handled differently. We're all human, and we makes mistakes just like anyone. I wish you good luck, and if you need to talk, I'm here! P.S. I'm currently on Remicade, but I have used a lot of medicines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back