Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
I have quite a long story that has lead me to this forum. I'll try and make it short and sweet.

Everything started happening after I got pregnant with my one and only child who just turned 5 years old. About 1/2 way into pregnancy I developed electric like pain in my hands and feet. I chalked it up to pregnancy being I had never been pregnant before. After she was born the electric like pains subsided. I had some muscle cramping and stiffness. So I went to the neuro per my docs request. I had ever single test under the sun including an MRI, EMG, Nerve study and many labs. All normal. In fact, my nerves performed better than the norm. Basically decided hormones or inflammation caused the issues.

I haven't been right since.

All of this created HUGE anxiety and depression for me. I was placed on Cymbalta and Ativan.

My mom (who passed) was diagnosed with fibro and recently my sister informed me of her struggles and diagnosis. This is leading me to believe that fibro may just be what my problem has been all along. And I've feared MUCH worse along the way.

Here are a list of my symptoms:
-muscle pain and aching, all over, can be off and on
-insomnia is bad
-restless legs (constant twitch/buzzing feeling)
-heel pain/foot pain off and on
-many symptoms worse before period
-headaches
-brain fog
-fatigue
-joint type pain
-random eye pain
-sensitive to bright light
-occasional zaps all over body

I'm sure there are some things I'm missing.

Here is the kicker, I was put on the Cymbalta for anxiety/depression. I see that it is used to treat fibro as well. I recently didn't get my script filled due to doctor error and I had to spread out 3 doses in a week. I didn't get 4 of my doses. This set all my pain REALLY high (especially my arms, they ache terribly and spasming bit) All I can think is it's because of missing those doses.

With all of that being said....should I see about an appointment with a rheumatologist?

My neuro thinks I'm crazy, so I can't ask him for input any longer. My general doc (NP) isn't much help.

Thanks in advance!
Andrea

Hi Andrea, welcome

Wow, that sounds a lot like fibro, right down to the zaps. It's good that you've had a lot of testing to rule out some of the other conditions that have similar symptoms.

I was diagnosed by a rheumatologist. I think they are the specialty that is most likely to be educated about fibro. I'm guessing the rheumatologist will do more tests to rule out some of the autoimmune diseases.

Please feel free to join in, ask questions, share advice and so forth.

Welcome Happy2bme

I like that name lol!
I would definitely see your Rheumatologist.
A lot of the symptoms that u present with could be fibromyalgia.

They are finding that it might be genetically based, but it's not definite.

Don't listen to your MD if u are feeling things that are not right. You know your own body, and can sense when something isn't right.

It may take time. A lot of us have seen multiple drs that have pushed us off.
But u have to be persistent to get diagnosed properly.

Some of the Rheumatologist I've seen can be different lol.
So make sure u find one u like and can work with.
Feel better
Sagey 🐒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back