Not open for further replies.

kat744

Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
KEN
State
nairobi
People who don't have fibro usually have pains here and there like a headache which goes away after some time. I was wondering if all the pains in my body should be classified as fibromyalgia or sometimes I have just pain like other normal people.

I guess you can still have ''normal'' pains just like other people. Sometimes they might be a little too intense due fibro, I think, but they go away fast. Some pains are more common in people with fibro tho. Some pains I have, like for example skin sensibility in some areas (specially thighs and calves) are very common in people who suffer from fibro. It's quite painful too!

I just started a new thread, and now I see I should have put that info here. The National Institutes of Health are studying fibromyalgia and pain. "Research suggests that fibromyalgia is caused by a problem in how the body processes pain, or more precisely, a hypersensitivity to stimuli that normally are not painful. Therefore, several NIH-supported researchers are focusing on ways the body processes pain to better understand why people with fibromyalgia have increased pain sensitivity." This relates not only to pressure points but being extra sensitive to pain from any source, i.e., a surgery, a stubbed toe, arthritis. So yes....our pain is worse; and, though the initial pain may not be caused by fibro, fibro exacerbates all of our pain.

I think often times some of the pain or illness we experience is just normal, but since our lives are not normal as in being blanketed in pain most of the time, we just figure it is all from fibro. That is why I often say don't just assume everything is from fibro, as we can get other health conditions along with fibro.

A headache can be a mirgraine or cluster, or sinus problems. Numbness can be from sitting to long or a pinched nerve, or a foot that goes to sleep. Stomach or bowel problems can be from something we ate that did not agree with us. Pain in your ear can be a ear infection or you layed on that side to long. Etc..... Sometimes it can be something more serious but we want it to be fibro and so we delay going to the doctor thinking it is nothing.

I have done this both ways, by delaying going to a doctor and by going and it was nothing serious, but in the grand scheme of things it is better to get things checked out then to sit and wait thinking it will pass and end up paying more in health problems later. Example a friend of mine was in her basement sweeping up water and cut her big toe. She doctored it for weeks and finally went to a doctor. The doctor told her it was a bad infection and the toe needed to be removed. She did not agree with the doctor and shopped around till she found another doctor who gave her regular antibodies for the infection.

She thought it was all better and after all she had saved her toe. But in fact the infection had spread to her spinal fluid and as a result she is now in a wheelchair and has terrible pain and neurothapy. All from a simple infection in her toe. So the moral of the story is while some pain is normal everyday stuff, if it does not clear up seek medical attention. Better to find nothing is wrong then to end up like my friend. :)

I think often times some of the pain or illness we experience is just normal, but since our lives are not normal as in being blanketed in pain most of the time, we just figure it is all from fibro. That is why I often say don't just assume everything is from fibro, as we can get other health conditions along with fibro.

A headache can be a mirgraine or cluster, or sinus problems. Numbness can be from sitting to long or a pinched nerve, or a foot that goes to sleep. Stomach or bowel problems can be from something we ate that did not agree with us. Pain in your ear can be a ear infection or you layed on that side to long. Etc..... Sometimes it can be something more serious but we want it to be fibro and so we delay going to the doctor thinking it is nothing.

I have done this both ways, by delaying going to a doctor and by going and it was nothing serious, but in the grand scheme of things it is better to get things checked out then to sit and wait thinking it will pass and end up paying more in health problems later. Example a friend of mine was in her basement sweeping up water and cut her big toe. She doctored it for weeks and finally went to a doctor. The doctor told her it was a bad infection and the toe needed to be removed. She did not agree with the doctor and shopped around till she found another doctor who gave her regular antibodies for the infection.

She thought it was all better and after all she had saved her toe. But in fact the infection had spread to her spinal fluid and as a result she is now in a wheelchair and has terrible pain and neurothapy. All from a simple infection in her toe. So the moral of the story is while some pain is normal everyday stuff, if it does not clear up seek medical attention. Better to find nothing is wrong then to end up like my friend. :)

I did not mean to blame the source of all pain on fibro. The research indicated that increased sensitivity to pain wasn't limited to the trigger points but to pain from other sources as well.

GingerR,
I was agreeing with you about what you posted. :) I just like to remind folks not to right away figure every pain is caused by fibro. Sorry if I sounded like I did not agree with your post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back