DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
Hi all,

Just wanted to tell you about my visit to the doctor last week. He has now diagnosed me with IBS, high blood pressure (154/94)and high cholesterol all of which he gave me medications for including an inhaler for my asthma. So now I am taking 28 medications a day not including the inhaler. Not 28 different medications as I take some 3 times a day, some 2 times a day and so forth. I wish nothing more than to get off of all these medications. It seems like I spend my whole day taking pills. I guess I need them or the doctor wouldn't prescribe them but like I said I hate taking all that medication. I was told to bring all my medications to my hearing before the ALJ. I am afraid I will need a crate to carry them all in. Ha! Ha!

As the doctor was taking notes he told me he was running out of room on the paper to write down everything that was wrong with me. That sounded so discouraging.

Also I am making myself sick over my upcoming hearing and it isn't for two months. I am sick to my stomach constantly with worry and nerves.

Thanks for listening.

Hi all,

Just wanted to tell you about my visit to the doctor last week. He has now diagnosed me with IBS, high blood pressure (154/94)and high cholesterol all of which he gave me medications for including an inhaler for my asthma. So now I am taking 28 medications a day not including the inhaler. Not 28 different medications as I take some 3 times a day, some 2 times a day and so forth. I wish nothing more than to get off of all these medications. It seems like I spend my whole day taking pills. I guess I need them or the doctor wouldn't prescribe them but like I said I hate taking all that medication. I was told to bring all my medications to my hearing before the ALJ. I am afraid I will need a crate to carry them all in. Ha! Ha!

As the doctor was taking notes he told me he was running out of room on the paper to write down everything that was wrong with me. That sounded so discouraging.

Also I am making myself sick over my upcoming hearing and it isn't for two months. I am sick to my stomach constantly with worry and nerves.

Thanks for listening.

Krista,

Once my health history began to get complicated, I created a spreadsheet to help me keep track of information. It's not 100% perfect, but it has helped me.

I don't take as many meds as you do, but I had trouble keeping track of meds, so I bought a meds dispenser with a clock and alarm on it. It will hold a month's worth of pills and it helps me keep from making a fibro fog mistake of taking an extra dose of something if I can't remember taking my meds.

Krista,

Once my health history began to get complicated, I created a spreadsheet to help me keep track of information. It's not 100% perfect, but it has helped me.

Great advice, fibromomof2!

I started a simple spreadsheet for my meds, and another running spreadsheet for my drs. appointments and tests.

Helps me keep track and sure beats having to reconstruct from scratch everytime it is requested!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back