Gluten Free Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the OP, I won’t add anything Re: diets. It’s pretty much been covered. My question would be, “ Do you think your hands are tired because you spent 3 hours building a tower?” You were most likely cutting or tearing paper, dipping said paper in paste then applying and building the tower. This overuse most likely caused the hand pain. Sometimes my hands hurt for no reason at all, yet, they feel like I participated in manual labour all day. Such is the FM. Sometimes our pain is just that....pain for no reason. No need to overthink this beast. This is my toonies worth :)

I am just getting started with stopping the use of some foods and trying a different combination of foods and recipes to see if I feel better. I have found some wonderful recipes online and am doing a vegan and normal diet of healthy veggies and some meats. I think some of my problem stems from dairy products so I am learning how to make cheeses and ice cream with coconut milk. I will let you know how this experiment works out. As I told a friend if I can stand the taste of the things I create. lol

I am just getting started with stopping the use of some foods and trying a different combination of foods and recipes to see if I feel better. I have found some wonderful recipes online and am doing a vegan and normal diet of healthy veggies and some meats. I think some of my problem stems from dairy products so I am learning how to make cheeses and ice cream with coconut milk. I will let you know how this experiment works out. As I told a friend if I can stand the taste of the things I create. lol

Oh wow coconut milk cheese! how do you make it?? I have to know! :-o

Actually the cheese is made with chickpea flour and oil and spices. I made some yesterday and it turned out better than I expected. I am sharing the recipe as someone here might find it useful and if your avoiding dairy products then it will really help to make your own instead of just using soy crap from the store.

CHICKPEA CHEESE

1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/2 teas salt
3-4 Tablespoons of Nutritional yeast seasoning (makes it taste like cheese)
1/8 teaspoon cumin
1/2 cup of water
(I added 2 Tablespoons of Garlic & Herb vegetable seasoning mix for added flavor and 1 roasted red pepper)

Mix dry ingredients and put into a food processor or blender and mix well. Add the half cup of water and any other ingredients you want for flavor. It can be made without seasonings if you want it plain. The more water added the less firm the cheese.

Once it is well blended and smooth, begin final step. Put a medium saucepan or high edged skillet on stove and add 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
When the water is boiling slowly pour in the cheese mixture and continue stirring constantly until mixture is thick and creamy. Take off the heat and pour into any type dish you wish to use as a mold. You might want to line the dish with parchment paper to make removal easier. Put in frig to cool for several hours or overnight.

My first batch came out a bit soft but it is tasty and good, and yummy on crackers or with celery or other veggies. You have to play with the amount of water used in first mixing till it comes out the way you want it, as in spreadable or type you can slice.

If you make it let me know how yours came out and seasonings you used.

I just wanted to mention I am hooked on this vegan cheese. It is so tasty on crackers that I can sit and keep eating more and more. I made a new batch yesterday and added a few more ingredients for a different taste but I think the best favor comes from the roasted red peppers. I am finding this part vegan idea to be an adventure in trying out vegetables that I usually pass by to be quite tasty. I recently bought a acorn squash and baked it in the oven then took it out and put butter and coconut sugar on it and ate the whole thing by myself.

I am not one to ban eating meat so never go to the extreme, but vegan foods are not some weird idea, just by changing the products you bake with to things like almond flour, coconut flour, chickpea flour, you can really make interesting snacks & main meals. I am over joyed and having fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back