Not open for further replies.

charmcitymama

Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
Maryland
Is it just me or does anyone else experience severe back pain? Mine always affects my back in between my shoulder blades, my neck and my spine. There are days when the pain in my spine is so bad I feel like someone is trying to rip mu spine out of my back. It often gets me to wondering if this is a common symptom of fibro or if I have spinal cancer. Does anyone else have problems like this with their back?

I do every day.. It's always at the top shoulders & neck then on some days the bottom hurst as well... Are you able to see a chiropractor? I don't but wondering if that might help. Or even a heating pad?

Asking if people get back pain in a fibromyalgia group, it's almost a rhetorical question. :) Just kidding! Yep, I definitely get a ton of back pain. I try to do a number of exercises to relieve it. I find that my back pain stems from my neck pain. If I don't keep that area loose, then it tightens up and then everywhere down aches and screams in pain.

Trfielder I have been seeing a chiropractor for 4 months now. I can tell you chiropractic care works. My back wasmso bad When I first went to my chiropractor he asked me if I had been in a car accident. He had never seen anyone so messed up that hadn't been in accident. My pain was so intense he could hardly touch me without me coming 2 feet off the table. Thankfully since I have been going regularly I am not as bad. I sleep on a heated mattress cover every night, and let me tell you I can feel the difference then next morning when I don't have it on. Don't know what I'm going to do if my mattress pad goes out.

JCainrs82 thanks for the laugh I need lots of them. I'm learning how to deal with thia and am looking for all the help I can get.

My back is horrible! Not only fibropain but I also have psoriatic arthritis that has set in the tiny joints of my spine.
Charmcitymoma, have you had an MRI of your spine?

My back pain is worse when I have to stand or bend over in a position for long periods of time. Like outside in the garden or flower bed, or standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes or washing my hair. If I am bent over I have a hard time standing up right again and moving again. It takes a lot of rubbing my back to get everything in working order. Fibro mixed with old age is not good. lol :)

I've been duffering from back pain since I was a teen, Iblamed that on my enourmous boobs, but once I lost the weight and the fat in that area I had nothing to blame tha pain to, lol. My pain was mostly located around the lower back mostly. Sometimes a bit more up, but I noticed that pain took place during the rainy and cold season.

Yes, indeed I do! With me, it's not only fibro. I have spondylosis and stenosis in my lower spine. That means I have arthritis in my back, and narrowing of my spinal column. So, I have the pain of the fibro, plus the additional pain of that. It's hard for me to move in the mornings, and my back constantly throbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back