Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
pa
I know no one but my doctor can diagnose me but I just want to see if anyone else has symptoms similar to mine. I don't have an appointment with my doctor until early february but I'm trying to get a sense of what is going on with me. I'm in my early thirties, I have one child who is almost three. I've been having this pain in my hips a bit before I even became pregnant but just called it arthritis and brushed it off. When I sleep I get this intense pain in my hip/lower back area. I sleep mostly on my right side but it doesn't matter which side it is... it hurts! It feels like it hurts deep into the bone and I'm afraid to turn on my back sometimes because it feels like everything will just snap apart. Its getting worse as time goes on. Before it would happen once or twice a month for maybe a week. Now its pretty much every night (pillows between the legs sometimes help). I now feel a discomfort inmy hip area during the day if I stand or sit for periods of time. Its not pain but feels more like mild menstural cramps. In november I got the worst of it when we went to disney world and was in constant pain from all the walking.
I also get pain in my hands and find it hurts to strain them and I have to really focus on relaxing them to get the pain away.
Also, for years I've dealt with feeling tired all.the.time. I go to bed at a normal time, fall asleep fine, my pain usually comes between 1-3am so I empty my bladder then try to sleep on my back. I get the recommended 8 hours of sleep but I wake up tired and yawn all day. I work full time and really have to push myself to get through the day. Then when I get home I have to push myself to cook dinner, clean up, and spend time with my daughter (which I love doing). I also feel like i can't focus or concentrate like a normal person. I feel like I totally understand the brain fog. I also get terrible mood swings out of nowhere and lately I've had this depression/feeling of anxiety going on. Also...no libdo.

Those are my symptoms that bother me most. I do have an underactive thyroid and I get bloodwork done regularly for it. I was diagnosed with that about three months ago and was sure that's why I was so tired. I was devastated when they told me my bloodwork was fine the last time. I'm sure there is something more.

klmypa,
Welcome to the forum. While we can not say what you have I would like to say I hope your are going to see a rheumatologist concerning these symptoms. While bloodwork can rule out some diseases like Lymes and RA, Lupus, etc.. Other types of arthritis can only be discovered by having x-rays or CT scans or MRI's. Also a bone density test can determine if you have any loss of bone structure in your hips.

That said, you might want to look for a extra thick pad to lay on top of your regular mattress. I have used them for years after suffering from the same pain that you have described. I could not sleep on regular mattress and even had trouble with a waterbed. Then I saw these cotton fiber bedpads and my sleeping improved from lack of pain. They come in all bed sizes and can be stuffed with cotton or feathers. Or they are made of foam. Usually they are 3-4 inches thick. They provide extra padding while keeping you comfortable and warmer if needed.

Another idea is to throw an extra cover over your legs and feet at night which helps stop painful cramps and muscle soreness. If your sitting in your home throw a blanket in the dryer to warm it up then cover up for a delightful warm nap. Read around the forum for more ideas on dealing with pain. I hope you will visit often and post more answers and questions. :)

Hello,
I these are signs of depression or anxiety and the solution on that is to given more time at-least 8 hr for sleep from that your mind can be stable for next day and try to do Yoga on weekends it will make your mood better that before...

The best solution is to visit a rheumatologist and do some antibody blood tests. This can really be alot of things, probably some kind of autoimmune arthritis POSSIBLY. Take this with a grain of salt though and consult with your doctor!

Hello,
I these are signs of depression or anxiety and the solution on that is to given more time at-least 8 hr for sleep from that your mind can be stable for next day and try to do Yoga on weekends it will make your mood better that before...

I'm sorry, but I would *never* suggest that all these pain issues that come with fibro and other chronic illnesses that cause tremendous pain is nothing more than a matter of depression and that getting 8 hours of sleep will just make everything better. That could be thought of as very offensive and it's totally unrealistic.

There are often family members and friends who say callous things like "just get up and move around" or "just take a walk" or "just get sleep"... without having a clue as to the level of pain that is involved with fibro. I always suggest to them to research what fibro is and maybe they can find a wee bit of empathy.

Bottom line is that on the severe pain days, people with fibro can NOT sleep because of the pain. Or move enough to "do Yoga on the weekend." Having Fibromyalgia is not a MOOD issue. :(

Thank you all for your responses. As for the get more sleep... I do sleep 8-9 hours everyday. I've dealt with depression most of my life. Its more than that.

So glad for mariposa ' comments. Please know that exercise is not the panacea that many many people use as a "dump" suggestion. Chronic pain is not going to be fixed by exercise and/or losing weight. I have lost 100+ pounds and still my pain continues to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back