DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
WA
Hi everyone,

First time posting here... I was diagnosed with Fibro about 2 years ago. Long history with both IBS and migraines, diagnosed with IBS when I was 12 and migraines when I was 16. I've had fatigue off and on for many years also. If I look at a list of typical Fibro symptoms there are very few that I don't have. I've been light, smell and sound sensitive since my early teens. So I'm sure that I've had Fibro for a very long time but just was not diagnosed until recently.

One of the problems I have is being very overly sensitive to all pain but also having a high tolerance to pain. I was in a couple of car accidents and a bad fall off a horse in my younger days and have learned to not pay attention to my neck/back pain unless it's very acute. That hasn't served me well in recognizing that I'm having an issue!

In the last couple of years I've noticed that I'm doing just fine (fine for me means functional) for weeks or even months and then I will wake up feeling like I got run over by a truck. In fact, when this happened just this last weekend I told my husband that I felt like a got hit by a truck and then it backed up hit me again and then drug me through a swamp. That's what I really felt like! I was down on the couch for 3 full days and couldn't do anything. Some of the time I couldn't even sit up but had to be lying down totally. When he got home from work yesterday he said I was gray like a ghost. That was in the late afternoon. By last evening I was much better and was able to get back to my computer and do some work. This morning I'm back to my normal. So it hit me Saturday morning and I was pretty much down until early last evening.

This has happened now probably a dozen times or more. Is this what people call a flare? Does it sound typical?

Thanks!

Hi treehstn and welcome! I am sorry that you have to deal with such horrible pain like this! I am pretty new to fibro, just being diagnosed a few weeks ago so maybe I am not the best person to respond here but just wanted to say that I feel your pain. I am usually sore most days but thankfully don't get many horrible flares, not yet any way. The worst one I have ever had was in August, the pain was so intense all over my body I could barely move! All I wanted to do was lay there all day but unfortunately I had no choice but to force myself to get up as my husband had already left for work and I had to take care of my 2 1/2 year old son:/ That flare lasted a few days, it was terrible! I haven't had one like that since but it probably could happen again I am sure. So again, just wanted to say I feel your pain and that you are not alone! Sending gentle hugs:)

Hi hunnie, a flare for everyone is different some of us don't even have flares just hurt the same everyday lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back