Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said Forgetmenot! I'm a firm believer of things happening for a reason. If it' meant to be it will be. If not, then there is a pot of gold at the next rainbow. Sounds like you found a comfortable and wonderful life. I feel that way too, with exception of my 25 year old son who wants nothing to do with me. I taught him respect and compassion and he is just that way with others. Good-hearted, but he wants nothing to do with me because of this illness. It's torn our family apart. I keep hanging on things happen for a reason, but my heart is broken over it. I pretty much raised him. His husband and I divorced when he was 2 1/2. He was there most weekends, but several he just couldn't make it. I never told my son, just covered for him. I never wanted him to feel less than the most important thing in the world to me. Wow, where did all that come from. If I could pull what's going on with him out of the mix, my life is pretty darn good. Maybe he'll come around some day...I have to prepare that he may not... :-(

Yes I agree with ProfessorCPA, The ones that are on fibro forums are the worst cases. We really need this Forum for our own peace of mind.

I'll have my husband post on this thread his experiences. He's been a knight in shining armor. I knew by 25 that I had multiple auto-immune difficulties and other issues and my mother had three miscarriages. I had made the decision then not to have children. When we met a year later I told him up front of my decision and he supported it. I also got my BS degree before the terrible fibro hit, but I did have lots of health problems still. We're thinking of adopting and it scares me to death that my condition will keep my husband from enjoying children, but he happily supports me exploring this option. If they adopt to single people, why not a couple with one person medically challenged?

As far as children - I just absolutely did not want to pass down multiple auto-immune diseases (and now FIBRO) to another person - that just wouldn't be fair, in my opinion. I've suffered terrible depression as well - and I thank him for loving me until I can be more me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back