kmpisces

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
PA
Does anyone else experience what seems like trouble regulating their body temperature? I am almost always too cold or too hot. It seems if I get even slightly chilled, I am then freezing for hours. I cannot warm up no matter what I do.

I know what your talking about. I can be freezing cold in a warm room. Sometimes as I am sitting here typing a chill and shivers will run up my back and I feel so cold even though the house is warm and I have warm clothes on and a sweater to boot. Sometimes I think it is just nerve action in our skin that makes us believe we are cold when we are not.

All I can say is keep your feet warm with warm socks and comfortable shoes. Always have a sweater handy to put on and wear gloves in the house if necessary. I usually have a blanket or throw handy to cover up with as well. I wear socks to bed and keep a extra blanket at the foot of my bed so at nighttime I can put it over my lower legs and feet.

And for those hot spells keep a fan handy and place cool cloths on your face and neck. Are you going through menopause? If so do a web search on how to deal with those symptoms. Mostly be prepared to keep warm or cool, at home and in the car, or at your place of work.

I know that when working in air conditioned buildings it can screw up your bodies ability to regulate tempatures as it is an artifical enviroment. And if we use the air conditioning in our cars all the time it makes it hard for our body systems to switch back and forth to normal tempatures, thus we are cold when it is hot, and hot when it is cold, or both at the same time. lol :)

I've been experiencing this lately, but it's not a regular symptom of my fibromyalgia. I think it's mostly that I'm in a new environment and my body hasn't quite adjusted to how damp it is here. I tend to be always cold here, especially in my feet.

Does anyone else experience what seems like trouble regulating their body temperature? I am almost always too cold or too hot. It seems if I get even slightly chilled, I am then freezing for hours. I cannot warm up no matter what I do.

I was experiencing this when I was losing weight, I was feeling too cold everywhere, even if it was warm! Sometimes I still feel too hot, but I often guessed that whole thing had something to do with my hormones.

Yes! This is a huge issue for me. I am always too cold or too hot. Interestingly enough, I actually have a sub-temperature. I'm almost never at 98.6. I usually hang around 97 degrees or so.

To be honest, I always thought this has less to do with my fibro. I've always thought something else was going on.

Thanks for the replies. I am glad I am not the only one who experiences this. It seems like there are various things it could be related to. I do try hard to keep warm and be bunded up well when I go outside.

I guess a moderator keeps having to view my link.

Just google"fibromyalgia solved; A pathology, not in the mind" and you will find the recent article about regulating body temperature in fibro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back