Feel dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
lloue,
Thank you so much for your advice. I'm definitely still at the stage of embarrassment and uncertainty and how people react to me. How could we not be depressed or anxious when all we feel is pain and exhaustion like we've been run over by a truck? Tomorrow I will go for acupuncture for the first time I can't wait to report back after a few visits. It is not something I would ever have tried but I am desperate. I'm excited to see how it works.

Sarafina - Please let us know how the acupuncture appointment goes. I'm currently doing Bowen therapy and would like to compare notes. It seems like quite a few of the alternative medicine remedies, like Bowen, focus on the fascia (the tissue surrounding muscle fibers). Very interesting stuff. Best of luck tomorrow!

I just hung up with the accupuncture therapist. He said 'Fibromyalgia means nothing" Oh boy, not sure how I will feel meeting him tomorrow. But, I will surely let you all know how it goes. A bit disappointed now :(

Wow, Sarafina, the therapist doesn't sound like a very sensitive guy. I'm hoping he means that it doesn't matter what you're specifically suffering from as acupuncture will help any condition? Please don't lose heart. If he's not the right one for you, there are certainly others with a much better bedside manner.

Hi Everyone,
Right now it would be so nice to have some one rub my arms and legs, just aching so badly. I have been crocheting for a couple of days and now my arms hurt so bad. Don't you hate it when doing the simplest of things can set off the pain? Sometimes if I just get hugged a little to tight it makes me hurt for 30 minutes after. Or when you barely bump into something and it hurts so much worse then what you know it should.
Even typing right now is hard. And people wonder why we can't sleep. ( It's 1:30 am for me) Sorry I don't mean to sound whiny, I really try hard not to do that. No one wants to hear someone complain all the time. I understand that and so most of the time I just smile and suffer in silence. As I am sure many do. There is no way any one with fibro could or we would be moaning constantly LOL .. Maybe I can get a job doing voice overs for ghost movies :)
I think if we really looked like how we feel we would be black and blue all over. Now I'm sure that would really attack a man lol
I think it really doesn't help that the majority of those that have fibro are women. Not that I want anyone to have this but, if more men did I think they would be more understanding.
Just a few random thoughts running around in my sleep deprived head. I hope you all have a restful night and a wonderful day. Take care, Lloue
P.S. Sarafina Let me know how the acupuncture goes. Hope it works for you.

Forgetmenot, you have touched my soft spot with the upcoming dog! My mom once said she was surprised my hubby married me with 2 dogs in tow while we were so poor at the time. I replied, if he hadn't, I wouldn't have married him! So happy for you and excited to see the pics!

Hello Friends!
I went to the accupuncture appointment today and found it very interesting. I had needles in my legs, belly, ears and forehead. So far I don't feel much different (although my elbow pain dminished greatly while I was there, but is now back). I go back tomorrow and then will watch how I feel over the holiday weekend. Also, I am taking the Magnesium Malate pills as prescribed by my Rhumatologist. Legs have been good today, Almost afraid to curse it by saying it out loud lol. Wishing everyone a peaceful evening (or morning) xoxo

I am cruising 50, daughter going to college in a month or so, and I have been unmarried for most of my life, her dad and I were only married for a couple of years. I have been given my grandmothers house which has at least kept us from living in the projects, but it is on 19 acres of land. My 80 year old mother lives on other side of property. The yard and house look so bad that anyone not knowing better would think the property has been abandoned. I really wish I had s husband to help me. I have been alone most of my life and it didn't bother me. But I am tired of being alone now. I just cannot imagine that any man is going to take a glance at this mess and not run the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back