MercyL

Distinguished member
Diagnosis
01/1986
Country
US
State
CO
Most of us have spent years in an ongoing battle.

At first, family, friends and doctors do not take our complaints seriously.

Then doctors try running all sorts of tests, many of them making very little sense at all, only to send us to physical therapy where we are supposed to plunk down 1/2 month's rent per visit, if you do not have insurance or have a high deductible.

When physical therapy fails to magically cure us, doctors then provide the most inefficient pain medication they can think of and send us back to PT. :p

By the time we get an accurate diagnosis we are emotional wrecks.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I stopped trusting my regular doctor, and cannot think about seeing them for any health problem without researching my symptoms and options on my own, before making an appointment.

Do you think doctors, while sending you from one bank draining, humiliating, experience to another ever consider what's happening to our minds?

Has anyone here received a diagnosis like "PTSD secondary to fibromyalgia" or "free floating anxiety due to poorly controlled chronic pain"?

Mercyl,
I did not receive that diagnosis in the same manner but have heard of PTSD. The fibro is just the icing on the cake, so to speak. I believe your right about how doctors spend us into debt looking for a diagnosis and once it is decided then they say we have it, but they themselves don't personally believe in it. So having a diagnosis of an illness that doctors for the most part believe it is something that does not exist leaves us open to other non-believers like our family and friends, who tend to pass it off as being lazy. It is no wonder that we end up depressed and lonely, broke and filled with anxiety. With that depression and sadness, comes pain from tight muscles that will not relax. It is an endless merry-go-round that most of us would love the chance to get off and return to an more normal life. Except there is no shut-off switch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back